Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Smallish / cheapish parentfacing buggy

(6 Posts)
Shantotto Wed 04-Nov-15 07:43:31

After much research, I bought a silver cross reflex as liked how it was light, folded easily and I could get a kit to use it with a newborn in a parent facing mode. However, at 14 weeks DS seems to be have gotten as big as the newborn insert! I dont want to switch him to forward facing yet.

Any suggestions for a cheapish parent facing buggy I can use for a while until I go back to the reflex which I do really like! I'm in London so need fairly compact / light for public transport and have to lug it up and downstairs to my flat.

I do use a sling quite often but sometimes we really need a buggy. Should have just got a bugaboo like everyone else in my borough!

Hufflepuffin Wed 04-Nov-15 08:52:24

What sort of budget are you calling cheap? Is there a Facebook baby stuff selling site in your borough where you could look out for something that fits the bill?

Shantotto Wed 04-Nov-15 14:20:25

Oh yes there is a Facebook selling group I'm on. Good idea, I'll keep an eye out.

Oh I've no idea on actual budget. The reflex cost us PS325 with the newborn conversion pack. Not more than that?! I suppose I was thinking not in the PS500ish range I suppose! I could always sell on.

Shantotto Wed 04-Nov-15 14:21:12

Oops not allure what happened there, I meant PS500-ish range!

Hufflepuffin Wed 04-Nov-15 15:10:37

If you want new then a baby jogger vue is parent facing and compact and could be your holiday buggy once you're back on the reflex, I think it's about £200. Or there's a quinny zapp I think....

Or second hand just see what comes up and treat as if it's just to see you through until you're happy with him in the reflex again. I've seen oysters quite cheap on our local site. A bee would be the obvious choice but they're often still expensive second hand!

My friend has a graco evo, it's not small but it's really light and parent faces.

Shantotto Wed 04-Nov-15 17:18:01

Thanks a lot! I'll have a look for some second hand ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now