Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Silver Cross Pop

(8 Posts)
fredandme123 Tue 11-Aug-15 20:22:30

DS is 6th months and we have a vista. I love it and have no intention of stopping using it any time soon however.... My lovely mum really struggles to collapse it and she is starting to look after him more and more as I go back to work. Today we decided that we would buy a stroller type pushchair to live at her house which I can use if I want to for holidays etc.

So firstly is the pop easy to collapse? Would anyone reccomend and

fredandme123 Tue 11-Aug-15 20:24:58

iPhone .... Grr

Would anyone recommend an alternative that is not too expensive or I am likely to pick up under £100 second hand.

I'm also a little concerned by the 15kg weight limit on most of the ones I have looked at which is what has led me to the pop.

Experience good and bad of the pop too please.
Thanks.

insanelycheerful Tue 11-Aug-15 20:29:38

I have the mamas and papas urbo bug stroller and it's great! Really pleased with it. Love the look of it (have it in navy) and it's so easy to put up and down. Was about £140-150 new, I think it had 10% off at the time. Chose it over more expensive maclarens as I preferred the look and feel of it.

insanelycheerful Tue 11-Aug-15 20:31:25

Oh meant to say my mum finds it v easy to use and she has always struggled with other prams we've had!

fredandme123 Tue 11-Aug-15 20:34:43

Thanks will have a look at that one! Glad it's not just my mum...

GlitterTwinkleToes Tue 11-Aug-15 20:35:21

I have the silver cross pop. I love it. So easy to collapse and is really light to carry - also very good at handling stairs (I live in a 2nd floor flat)

I got mine second hand for forty pounds (v.good con) with all the extra bits and cosy toes off Facebook

DarylDixonsDarlin Tue 11-Aug-15 20:36:55

I'm on my second Pop - had an older one in 2007 for DS, bought a new one for DD2 in 2013. The new one seems exactly the same frame wise as the old one, the leg rest part of the seat snapped on the old one and although it was still useable for an older child, it couldn't be fixed. I can collapse it and lift it into the boot of the car one handed.

Seems to have decent resale value in my local area, I bought the recent one from mothercare when on promotion, with an extra £10 off code I got by downloading their app, and it came with a 2 year warranty, so it was only about £90 new. I wouldn't pay more than £60 tops for a used one. Rain cover stands up well to Cornish wind and rain hmm. Wheels not very good on rough surfaces (woodland walks, cobblestones etc) but perfectly acceptable for normal pavements. Bit rattly compared to a mamas and papas stroller I had.

Harness is a bit tricky, and I find it awkward to fasten when my hands are cold and wet! But its very adjustable for a larger child/snowsuit/coat etc. DD2 seemed to slump a bit in the seat when she was smaller, she's still not very big now but she doesn't complain. Brakes are good, basket not accessible when seat is laid flat.

It's ok, but there are better ones around for the price of a new Pop. If you're buying second hand I think they're a good buy.

MiaowTheCat Tue 18-Aug-15 20:10:53

I've got one and it's pretty decent for what we wanted - a stroller that was one of the nicer ones to push... the handles are on the high side which suits us as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now