Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Storing pushchair outside?

(5 Posts)
Onecurrantbun Sat 08-Aug-15 15:15:24

Will a buggy go mouldy if stored in our carport? It has a wooden door at the front, two brick built walls but no back wall. It is around 18ft long so rain etc can't blow underneath.

redsquareyellowsquare Sat 08-Aug-15 15:17:56

following (i've just moved mine too!)

blueblah Sat 08-Aug-15 15:21:09

i leave mine outside every day, there's just not enough space for it inside, and folding is a pain.

We make sure the raincover is over it, and give it a wipedown every so often. I do have the occasional issue with a wet seat if the cover blows off, but fix with a towel or drying out inside.

I've not noticed mould despite it being left fully outside all the time.

Probably not as fully clean as keeping it indoors but it makes life a lot easier.

Onecurrantbun Sat 08-Aug-15 15:33:11

I've got to have a huge hulking double pushchair and am reluctant to take up the whole boot storing it in the car (it's mostly for walking to school) or the entire hallway. BUT doubles are expensive and I don't want to risk it! Hmmm

DunderMiffed Sat 08-Aug-15 18:51:32

Do you have space for one of those large plastic storage thingummies? Made by kettler or something. Or a rain cover designed for patio furniture?

(Or get a cheap double on eBay)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now