Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Fully foldable travel system from birth?

(18 Posts)
snarfles Fri 31-Jul-15 12:50:20

Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any travel systems that have a pushchair suitable from birth which folds with the seat still attached?
I don't really want a travel system with a separate carrycot, so any pushchairs that have a carrycot built in or a suitable newborn insert would be fantastic. However, as I plan to use this for the next 2/3 years I'd like one that has a fairly compact fold, ideally without removing the seat, so that it can fit in my Ford Fiesta boot. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance :-)

TheMshipIsBack Fri 31-Jul-15 12:53:44

The BabyJogger City Mini single does almost all that you're asking, and you can use the car seat adaptors to turn it into a travel system until your baby is sitting up on their own and can use the main seat. It's fine to use the car seat as a carrycot as long as baby isn't in it for really long stretches.

firsttimekat Fri 31-Jul-15 16:11:06

We have the Stokke scoot, seat is suitable for newborns if you but an insert, you can attach the car seat if you wanted, but don't have to do the big pram thing. You can fold it with the seat still attached and it fits (admittedly not with much space for anything else) in our fiesta boot. I love ours, DS is 13months and couldn't be more pleased with it. Happy to help if you had any questions about it.

HelenF35 Fri 31-Jul-15 16:17:54

Joie chrome folds really small and is suitable from birth. It's also very reasonably priced.

snarfles Sat 01-Aug-15 22:19:12

Thanks for your suggestions. I like the look of the joie chrome. Going to have a real life look at it in store. Don't suppose you know what is different about the joie chrome plus to give it it's bigger price tag?

NavyKnickers Sat 01-Aug-15 22:21:45

I've just seen one of the cosatto strollers can have a parent facing newborn in it, but not sure which model it is. Might be worth a look, but don't think it's a travel system with car seat etc

YoniMitchell Sat 01-Aug-15 22:25:42

We have the Bugaboo Bee, the seat goes flat and with the Cocoon insert is great for a newborn. You can get adapters for car seats too and it's all really easy to get up/down and put the car seat on. It folds down really small and is pretty compact when it's all set-up too.

We plan on using it until DS no longer needs a pushchair, it's pretty versatile and grows with the child.

BobbyGentry Sat 01-Aug-15 22:31:47

maclaren techno xt is suitable from birth - 3 yrs & under 7kg :D

PinPon Sat 01-Aug-15 22:34:14

Seconding Bugaboo Bee. It's got longevity.

BobbyGentry Sat 01-Aug-15 22:34:57

& you can get cosy toes foot warmer type thingies for the maclaren techno xt grin www.amazon.co.uk/Large-Luxury-Foot-muff-Maclaren-Techno/dp/B00MG2HB6G

tortoisesarefab Sat 01-Aug-15 22:35:23

I would recommend the bjcm or nuna pepp, both are buggy types that can be used from birth. For more of a pushchair and a parent facing option, maybe the oyster 2?

LadyEdward Sat 01-Aug-15 22:41:55

Another with the stokke scoot here. Softbag for newborns. Great size seat, my son is 25m and has plenty of room still. Good deep seat, parent facing, can use adapters for maxicosi car seat or use a stokke car seat straight on frame. Folds up small and fits in my beetle boot. And has extending handle for taller or shorter people.

HelenF35 Sun 02-Aug-15 08:43:15

m.facebook.com/JoieBaby/posts/814483591964931 there are the differences. I just have the original chrome and love it. grin

honeysucklejasmine Sun 02-Aug-15 08:47:05

I am going to get a cosatto to and fro, which is am umbrella folding from birth chair. Lies flat and seat is reversible.

Laura7010 Sun 02-Aug-15 08:51:14

I'm getting an Oyster 2, suitable from birth without a separate carry cot and folds small enough to to fit in my fiat 500 boot!

Autumn2014 Sun 02-Aug-15 09:02:49

When I was researching earlier this this year my main criteria was folds with seat in situ. I didn't want to be taking a seat on and off every time I folded it. They are all lie flat from birth without needing a modification. They also all took car seats. In no particular order this was my list. The other factors to consider were parent or world facing options, optional carry cot or newborn pod, what type of tyres or wheel size, weight and price!

Mountain buggy cosmopolitan
Easy walker mosey
Bugaboo bee
Icandy raspberry
Mamas and papas armadillo or armadillo flip xt
Baby jogger city mini regular or gt version
Baby jogger versa

Sarahplane Sun 02-Aug-15 09:26:32

We had the maclaren techno Xlr, comfy, pushchair suitable from birth and folds easy. Car seat attaches to.

NishyM Mon 03-Aug-15 09:11:52

I've got the Raspberry and I love it, good size seat and plenty of storage, you can fold it when the seat is in any setting as well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now