Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

City jogger versa for newbornh

(8 Posts)
dgcoco5 Fri 17-Jul-15 09:31:34

Hi am considering the city jogger versa but wonder whether I can get away with a carrycot -what can I use instead ? I've heard of snug/wedges but which is compatible for the versa ?

Ihateparties Fri 17-Jul-15 16:22:27

If you're talking about an approved accessory then there isn't one, however I'm yet to meet a bucket seat pushchair that the silver cross surf nest doesn't fit pretty well. I haven't seen one but I suspect the mamas and papas sola city wedge is similar.

ExtremelyStubbornAndSuspicious Fri 17-Jul-15 23:25:41

I used a mamas and papas sola wedge and it worked well. It made the pram bulkier when folded, but this wasn't an issue really. I didn't get the versa until DS was 3 months but I'm sure it would be ok with a newborn.

lentilpot Sat 18-Jul-15 09:22:30

I used the sola city wedge from when ds was about 4 months - I probably wouldn't have wanted to use it from day one though. (The baby felt quite exposed.) It was great then though and would have been good from a bit earlier.

We bought a carrycot on eBay for £50 and sold it for £45, could you do that and then only use it for a few months? Or you could use a sling for a few months. Or you might be ok with just the wedge! I haven't tried the mamas and papas surf wedge, it might be better for a newborn.

confusedandemployed Sat 18-Jul-15 09:23:59

I just got the adaptors for the maxi cosi car seat and used that in the first few months. I never had a pram / carrycot of any kind and didn't miss it.

dgcoco5 Sun 19-Jul-15 14:57:04

Thanks for all your tips girls ! Couldn't see the wedge on the M&P website :-( unless it's been renamed ?

Ihateparties Sun 19-Jul-15 16:57:06

I can't find it either, maybe they have stopped selling it. Might be an ebay job then. My surf nest was from ebay as I don't think they sell them individually but there always seem to be plenty floating about second hand. I wouldn't use a car seat full time, it's definitely recommended that newborns lie flat, there are quite a few risks associated with the seated position of car seats.

confusedandemployed Sun 19-Jul-15 18:07:55

hmm I guess it depends how much time the baby will spend in the thing. We view a pram /buggy as a mode of transport and DD was never in our substitute (car seat) for longer than perhaps half an hour at a time. She was mostly in the sling / being held / in the Moses basket.
If you plan on having the baby spend a lot of time in the pram / buggy I'd agree a carrycot is necessary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now