Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Buggy options for 3 children

(6 Posts)
Robbo44 Wed 15-Jul-15 13:44:57

Hi there,

I am expecting twins and my son will be under 2 when they arrive (my son is 17 months and not walking yet).
There aren't many triple buggy options out there - will I be able to get away with a double and carry one of the twins in a sling or am I mad even considering it?
I need something suitable for off-road as I live in the countryside.
Someone mentioned that as twins are generally quite small, I might be able to get away with both in the same carrycot for a few months. Is this a crazy idea??
Any advice would be much appreciated!

TeaPleaseBob Wed 15-Jul-15 15:39:27

I carried my daughter for the first 4/5 months (quite often pushing empty pram along too) as she would not be put down so it's do able. It would maybe be tricky of you ended up with c section for any reason. You could then use buggy board when your sons a bit older.

My daughter didn't walk until week before her 2nd birthday and definitely wouldn't get away with just buggy board now at 2.3 years so maybe an option for 3rd seat would be handy.

Theres a pram called ABC adventure buggy that had twin pram with extra removable toddler seat. Think it's a New Zealand based company so not sure how much it costs to import.
www.brandstyle.com.au/our-brands/abc-adventure-buggy/

Autumn2014 Wed 15-Jul-15 17:05:49

I saw a family at the zoo with a double all terrain type buggy that had a seat onto n are the parent handle bar. They had similar age children. Or a double with a buggy board? You can get boards that are,like a little seats. I suppose it depends on if you are going to be our for the day at a time when all 3 will want to nap and how well your oldest can be trusted to stay on the board.

captaincake Sun 19-Jul-15 18:06:46

Would something like this be any good?

captaincake Sun 19-Jul-15 18:09:35

or an easy x rider

1busybee Tue 21-Jul-15 19:40:35

Google ABC triple pushchair. They are double mountain buggy type prams with sturdy seats on the top. Images on google shows them better than my explanation!!! Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now