Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Bugaboo footmuff - confused!!

(12 Posts)
SueV14 Mon 29-Jun-15 18:41:42

Hi ladies,

I have bought the Chameleon for DC1. Can anyone please help me understand the bugaboo footmuffs. I see 2 different types on john lewis and bugaboo websites:

The high performance: www.bugaboo.com/GB/en_GB/strollers/accessories/detail/bugaboo-high-performance-footmuff

and the universal: www.bugaboo.com/GB/en_GB/strollers/accessories/detail/bugaboo-footmuff

They both look to me as if they would only fit the stroller as they have the "chair shape". But what about the carrycot? Baby is due in 4 weeks so will be still in the carrycot at least half the winter. Can anyone tell me which of these two work with both carrycot AND stroller??

Thanks!!

Artandco Mon 29-Jun-15 18:42:58

Both only work with main seat. In carrycot mode you just add blankets as they won't fall off

HelloIAmBaymax Mon 29-Jun-15 18:43:31

The footmuff is for the seat unit. The carrycot has a cover and is fully enclosed, so you just wrap the baby up or put blankets on top of the baby, under the top cover.

SueV14 Mon 29-Jun-15 18:58:12

Ok, thank you Art and Hello!

Alright.. that means I need to get smth like a winter suit/overall for the baby if I don't want to wrap it in 100 layers of clothes and blankets? Any advice on such winter packs which I could use with the carrycot?

And another question: how long do babies fit into these footmuffs? I dont need to get one if I can only use it for 1/2 season, they are super expensive! Up until what age can it be used?

Artandco Mon 29-Jun-15 21:20:04

They are a good size, an average 3-4 year old could still fit in if needed. They fold down at the front for smaller age. And unzip so you can take top off and leave bottom when warmer

Tbh a baby in carrycot should be fine in just babygrow/ vest and warm cardigan. Add hat/ booties and mittens as needed. Then wrap baby in thin blanket and add thick one over. Then when you go indoors can just take blankets off so they don't overheat

Look at a bug in a rug if you want a blanket with feet ( can use in sling and car seat also)

SueV14 Mon 29-Jun-15 21:26:11

Thank you Art! Very helpful! smile

LittleBairn Tue 30-Jun-15 18:45:14

sue this one works in the bugaboo
www.mothercare.com/Quinny-From-Birth-Inlay-for-Buzz-and-Zapp-Xtra-Pushchairs---Cream/565387,default,pd.html

But a warm snowsuit under the pram cover will work too, the bugaboo has a deep carrycot compared to most providing shelter from the weather.

I have the Universal footmuff it's very thick and warm and unless your in the highlands I can't see the need for the high performance one.

Becky2208 Tue 30-Jun-15 20:00:11

I found a star wrap really good for use in the carrycot instead of blankets - they're great because you just lift the baby from the carrycot into the car seat without unwrapping the blankets. They're also great to use in a sling - tuppenceandcrumble.com/shop/star_wraps.

Shopachocaholic Mon 06-Jul-15 20:28:13

I second the Tuppence & Crumble star wrap. It is easy to fling open when indoors (e.g. Shopping centre) or inside the car without disturbing them when they have fallen asleep. I found trying to squeeze their arms into a snowsuit a nightmare when they were newborns. I loved them so much that I bought the next size up each time until DS could walk.

Mrsderekshepard Mon 06-Jul-15 20:31:01

I used the footmuff in the carrycot I just laid it down on the bottom and popped baby in side nice and snug

Shopachocaholic Mon 06-Jul-15 21:20:37

Another option for the carrycot is to buy a wrap for the carrycot/car seat like the Kaiser Coo Coon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kaiser-Swaddle-Blanket-Coon-Black/dp/B0050GC5XY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436213485&sr=8-1&keywords=Kaiser+co+coon).

I live in Germany and the Kaiser wraps/footmuffs are very popular in Munich where I live as if often goes down to minus 20 in the winter.

I have not used it yet but it does get 4.5 stars from 75 reviews on the German Amazon site.

It is thick, looks like it is very good quality, and looks cosy. Unlike the Tuppence & Crumble wraps, it has holes in the back for car seat harnesses. The only issue that people have mentioned is that the foot bag is as small. Most people said that they just put the baby in without any other outerwear and then fling it open when indoors.

I also own the Bugaboo High Performance footmuff. It is very expensive but Bugaboo keeps its value when resold. eBay often has a few second-hand ones once the autumn starts to set in.

KateHorsman Tue 07-Jul-15 18:35:53

I loved pram suits when Lily was little as they were snug around the neck and head so even better than a footmuff. We have the universal & it's been great now she's a bit older as it's so cosy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now