Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

What tandem buggy is most like the BJCM?

(11 Posts)
Laquila Thu 25-Jun-15 21:31:45

I know there's the Select, but to me the Mountain Buggys and Phil & Teds have more of the look and feel of the BJCM (I LOVE my BJCM - easy fold, light, huge hood.)

I'd get a BJCM double but I'll have a newborn and a 2.6yr old, and there'll be a fair few times when I'll only have one of them with me.

Any advice gratefully received.

Ihateparties Thu 25-Jun-15 22:08:12

Hmmm nothing is particularly like it that I've come across. Phil and teds are easy to fold as tandems go because of the fixed seat part. I guess the select too but there's nothing light about that.

The jane twone is my favourite tandem to use, the oyster max is good, I don't mind a p&t but I wouldn't be my first choice. I hear the new joolz is very good but it's also ££££.

grabaspoon Thu 25-Jun-15 22:11:54

I am trading from the bcjm to the mountain buggy

Laquila Thu 25-Jun-15 22:29:49

Thanks very much both. Ahhh, Parties this take aome back to me raiding you for your pushchair knowledge over 2 years ago, when the aforementioned toddler was cooking! I got a Versa GT, which I love, but recently bought a v cheap second-hand BJCM for hols and use it all the time now. Although I did get the Versa out today for a walk and had forgotten how lovely it is to push.

Spoon is that the Mountain Buggy Duet? Is that the one that's very big when folded?

Ihateparties Thu 25-Jun-15 22:47:52

I would be tempted to stick a lascal maxi board with a buggypod perle on your versa probably, esp if you have the carrycot which I'm guessing you do even if it is like a sports holdall.

Ihateparties Thu 25-Jun-15 22:49:07

Or get a cheap but light and solid side by side like a red kite twini for when you have both dc, if you have space to keep the versa too.

crazytyke Thu 25-Jun-15 22:50:26

Can't u use your existing single when u just have one of them?

Laquila Thu 25-Jun-15 22:56:56

Just googled the Buggypod Perle - amazing. Not to sound like my mum, but they've thought of everything!

I could, Crazy, but ideally I'd like something that converts for both situations, so that I put the singles up in the attic or even sell them on, so that I don't have two or even three pushchairs taking up my hall!

Another option is just to wait and see if the newborn's happy to be in a sling until the toddler can be persuaded he doesn't need a buggy anymore.

PumpingRSI Fri 26-Jun-15 10:10:19

I'm facing a very similar situation but my DS will be a bit older. I have a Versa and was considering adding on a Vista rumbleseat as apparently the pre 2015 clips on. But it has limitations as can't use with bassinet or if main chair is parent facing. So am now not sure whether I shop it in for a Mountain buggy or P&Ts tandem double or get buggy board and hope that works. My main issue though is I have dogs that I walk and I'm concerned that DS may not be trustworthy enough not to run off from board or if walking. I found a P&Ts second hand tandem could be the answer but I doubt I'll get much for my versa as it's seen quite a bit of action...

DixieNormas Fri 26-Jun-15 10:14:51

I have a p&t double and a free rider scooter/buggy board for when its in single mode

Laquila Fri 26-Jun-15 20:32:22

Thanks both - yes my Versa looks like I've been on the run with it - I don't know where all the scratches and marks have come from!!

I think I'll have a try of the P&T tandem in a shop somewhere and then keep an eye out for second-hand. Love that Perle thing though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now