Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Done to death, but help please! Need a double for a newborn and a 17 month old. What do I buy?

(21 Posts)
MemphisBella Mon 08-Jun-15 17:15:08

Shall I remortgage and get the Bugaboo Donkey, or will the fold make me want to abandon it on the side of the road?

Should I get the City Mini GT Double, or will non-parent facing annoy me too much when baby is out of the cot?

Shall I get the Mountain Buggy Duet?

What about something I've not even thought about?

I can use a sling and my current BJCM single for a very short while, but I've got a bad back and couldn't carry DD beyond a couple of months without needing medication afterwards, so that +/or a buggy board is probably not for me.

I also live on a ruddy great hill near a city centre, where it's very cobbly.

Please help, O Pramoholics amongst us!

Ihateparties Tue 09-Jun-15 14:32:13

Weeelllll.. How often do you need to fold it?

MemphisBella Tue 09-Jun-15 17:53:45

Not daily - I do a lot of walking out from my house.

It will have to go in the car at the weekend though!

Ihateparties Tue 09-Jun-15 20:53:56

Hmmm well assuming it actually fits all the places you need it to and in the week you're mostly walking then I would probably pursue parent facing personally. There is the option with the newer duet carrycot thing I think? For reference duet is enormous folded, far bigger than seems feasible.

How about the 2015 vista?

MemphisBella Wed 10-Jun-15 19:18:32

Just had a quick google - I'm not a huge fan of the stacking type doubles.

The new Duet does go parent-facing for a while though apparently, so that could be the one.

Thank you so much for your help.

Ihateparties Wed 10-Jun-15 21:24:19

I only mentioned the new vista because it's stacked the other way to most tandems, the rear seat is higher so there is no restricted view seat.

I was trying to figure out a while ago the options for the duet rf seat. I think you can only have one at a time but I could be wrong. I don't know if that means you could have a rf seat for your toddler and bassinet for baby then switch to rf seat for the baby and ff for toddler when slightly older.

I had a duet ages ago, liked it even without any add ons but it didn't fit in our car. Also had a bjcmd not gt which was also good but did restrict where I could go. Never had a donkey but totally get the appeal, especially with your sort of age gap.

NinjaPanda34 Wed 10-Jun-15 21:35:45

I've got the duet (but for twins), the new one has parent-facing options. You've got to remember that's there's no such thing as a small double! smile

NishyM Wed 10-Jun-15 21:37:26

Have you looked at the Peach 3?

Artandco Sat 13-Jun-15 09:26:02

I would go with the donkey then. It's easy to fold, just a pain if your doing daily several times a day.
If it's only going to be folded at few times a week it's probably worth it

Otherwise I would say just get the out and about nipper. Add a baby cocoon rather than carrycot and it will be easy to lift out and fold, and can parent face in the beginning

The stroll air my duo if worth looking at. Parker faces, lighter than donkey, cheaper. www.bestbuggy.co.uk/category/twins/strollair-my-duo/

Artandco Sat 13-Jun-15 09:27:35

The stroll air is currently only £399 from this British retailer daisys-dream.co.uk/Stroll-Air-My-Duo-Black

Artandco Sat 13-Jun-15 09:29:37

One thing to bare in mind with donkey if the cost. We have 15 month ago and never had double, just sling/ pram/ board option. But by 2 years eldest very very rarely even stood on the board, so an expensive double would be very expensive for 6 maybe 12 months max use, compared to if you bought with twins.

withalittlebitofluck Sat 13-Jun-15 09:30:29

Have you looked At the oyster Max. We have it and have used it for 3 children. They now have brought out a newborn bottom seat unit as well as the carrycot.

babyiwantabump Sat 13-Jun-15 09:32:27

What about the obaby abc zoom tandem ? Can parent face and even have it so children face each other?

babyiwantabump Sat 13-Jun-15 09:36:25

Like this

babyiwantabump Sat 13-Jun-15 09:43:44

IM in a similar position and it's the one I seem to be leaning towards at the minute . It folds quite small and can do loads of different positions for baby . I don't want to spend too much either as DS will be 2 when this one is born

babyiwantabump Thu 18-Jun-15 18:31:57

Bumping as I seem to have killed the thread confused

MemphisBella Sat 20-Jun-15 23:35:10

It's not dead yet, Baby!

Had a look at a donkey today, and gah, it's huge. Quite like the look of the Oyster though, and oddly, DH seemed quite taken with the iCandy.

Sorry though Baby, that's possibly the ugliest thing I've seen since the Micralite! grin

babyiwantabump Sun 21-Jun-15 20:33:13

I had to google the micralite and I agree that is hideous!

I think my issue is I don't like any twin or tandem prams! I might have to make do with a single and a sling !

Does anyone know of any other prams that have the option for the babies to face each other- that's thebit I liked about the zoom!

Xanderpask Tue 23-Jun-15 10:17:34

The BJ city select does

babyiwantabump Sat 27-Jun-15 00:39:23

Tried the oyster max out today with DS and the carrycot - is awful . Hardly any room for him the carrycot is either right up in his face or he is dangled over it. Shame as it is a really lovely looking pram!

Lilipot15 Wed 01-Jul-15 12:00:00

In the same position as you we have a joolz geo. I tried the bugaboo donkey in the store and it is just so wide - I don't think it would fit through the front door or the garden gate.
The joolz is nice, but I would have preferred a parent facing option, plus we have had no end of problems getting the actual buggy we ordered. John Lewis however did seem to have them in stock though so we should have just gone there.
I'm hoping once I get out and about more the actual buggy will make up for the hassle we've had. My toddler loves it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now