Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Flying with a Versa - am I mad to try?

(7 Posts)
LilyBobtail Sun 31-May-15 09:52:07

Just that really. Flying to America in the summer and need something for DD to use when she has tired legs and for naps when we are out and about - she is three and a half and tall. Considering buying a Recaro Easylife, Babyzen YoYo or Baby Jogger Zip but worried they may be a bit small and would rather not have to buy another pushchair now we won't get much use out of it.

lentilpot Mon 01-Jun-15 11:08:03

Is it the weight you are worried about or damaging it? I think it would be fine to fly with weight wise as you shouldn't have to carry it far folded. In terms of damage I wonder whether it would fit in this IKEA bag http://m.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/art/10056770/ (wheels off?) - I've heard the city mini gt does

LilyBobtail Tue 02-Jun-15 23:58:55

I suppose it is the weight and that everyone goes for light travel pushchairs. Just wondered too if anyone had taken a Versa on a plane. The bag looks great, thank you!

Laquila Tue 23-Jun-15 10:40:48

I have a Versa GT but have beer flown with it. We did take it all the way from the Midlands to Germany on a variety of trains though! When we flew away on hols a few months ago we bought a v cheap second-hand City Mini and I'm so glad we did - so much lighter than the Versa and easier to carry and fold one-handed. We have the IKEA Dimpa bag for the BJCM, but I'm not sure the Versa GT would fit in it, TBH.

Laquila Tue 23-Jun-15 10:41:06

Beer flown = never flown!

superbfairywren Tue 23-Jun-15 15:09:16

I'd get a light pushchair second hand if I were you. I have a secondhand graco evo mini (paid 30quid for it) that I intend to use whenever we go away. It's light and cheap enough that it doesn't matter if it gets a bit roughed up on the journey.

SweepTheHalls Sun 05-Jul-15 20:34:09

Mountain buggy Nano? Goes on the plane as hand luggage I believe!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: