Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Best pushchair for tall people

(20 Posts)
alien11 Fri 01-May-15 07:47:17

Hi,
Expecting dc2 in October and am tentatively starting to research for things we need.

We are tall parents - myself @5ft 10" and dh at 6ft 4". I am wondering if anyone can recommend any pushchairs with carrycot that are good for tall people? There will be a 4 year gap between dc s and I'm hoping that there are some new contenders on the market since have dc1. ( we borrowed a bugaboo last time )
The pushchair also needs to be decent for daily dog walks
Thanks

Nyborg Fri 01-May-15 07:50:24

Me and DH are the same height as you and yours and we have had no problems with the Uppababy Vista. In fact, I'd recommend it highly. Not sure about its suitability for dog walking, but otherwise it fits all of your criteria.

Only1scoop Fri 01-May-15 07:52:58

Stokke is brilliant no stooping as fully adjustable. Not great off smooth surfaces though.... but we used carrier/backpack for the kind of walking we do so didn't really use buggy off road. We tested them all out and Stokke xplory was certainly the tallest smile

YouMakeMyHeartSmile Fri 01-May-15 07:54:23

Uppababy vista is great for my tall DH, you can extent the handle.

YouMakeMyHeartSmile Fri 01-May-15 07:55:15

*extend. Also great for dog walking, we lived rurally with a beagle when DD was smaller and never had any problems!

Ihavealwaysbeenastorm Fri 01-May-15 07:57:31

Jane pram, I am 6ft and my husband is 6ft 3 so we're pretty tall. I have a trider And it's perfect and can be adjusted if shorter granny etc is pushing it.

alien11 Fri 01-May-15 08:35:20

Thanks all! Forgot to say budget is approx £500 ish. It's going to be a gift from my mum smile shall research the ones suggested

FlossieTreadlight Fri 01-May-15 08:41:18

I'm 5'11, OH is 6'3 and we both love the BJCM gt. adjustable handlebar and the brake is on the handlebar so you don't kick it as you stride. Its suitable from birth without a carrycot. Would highly recommend.

seastargirl Fri 01-May-15 08:41:59

We had the mothercare orb, which my husband was fine with. It was quite a reasonable price and the carry cot sits relatively high so he didn't look daft pushing it.

JassyRadlett Fri 01-May-15 08:45:52

We found the icandy peach really good - easy to adjust compared to the bugaboo so simple to swap between parents, and you get a decent height out of it. DH isn't as tall as your DH though!

PinkSquash Fri 01-May-15 08:48:15

Mothercare prams have good extendable handles which were a godsend to DH and I, we are the same hights as you both, but it also allowed smaller relatives and DC ease of pushing it.

pathogenius Fri 01-May-15 08:55:57

I am very tall. I have used Brutax in the past and curently a City Mini GT which I LOVE.

pathogenius Fri 01-May-15 08:56:36

Britax this should have said. Not 'Brutax'.

starlight36 Fri 01-May-15 08:58:46

We used both the Bugaboo Cameleon and the iCandy Peach 2 when we needed a double buggy. I'd agree that the iCandy was very easy to adapt - a quick push of a button - and extended further than the Bugaboo. I

Christelle2207 Fri 01-May-15 09:12:46

Another vote for the uppababy vista. There is a 2015 version now which is better but more expensive. There should be a good second hand market for the 2013 version tho which would be worth considering- it's a very durable piece of kit.

Salene Fri 01-May-15 09:18:09

Joolz prams are made in Holland for tall Dutch people

It's fab and goes up to a decent height

I have the joolzs day

VenusVanDamme Fri 01-May-15 09:18:21

I'm not tall but there's a big height gap between me and DH and we have the silver cross pioneer. Handle adjusts with one button and has 5 different heights. Dog gets walked in park twice a day at least and pram has passed that test with flying colours!

PennyJennyPie Fri 01-May-15 09:20:37

DP is 6'6. We have an uppababy Cruz which has worked very well but if you need something with sturdier wheels then the vista is probably better.

MaraThonbar Fri 01-May-15 14:06:49

Joolz Day or the new Geo. Over budget new but the Day has been around for a few years so there may be bargains on eBay.

I found that every Bugaboo was far too low to the ground for my taste and my height!

ShelaghTurner Fri 01-May-15 14:43:15

BJCM GT. Worked perfectly for me at 5' 2 and friend at 6' 4. And is the best pushchair around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now