Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Double/Tandem for Citroen C1?!?!

(5 Posts)
greatestnerd01 Thu 30-Apr-15 20:01:49

Hi, new to the boards with possibly a ridiculous question! I've searched and searched but all threads on the internet relating to this are really old...
We have a Citroen C1 and we love it and with one LO it's actually been a lot easier than I thought it would be re: fitting things in.
We're currently trying for number 2 and I've been exploring double/tandem buggies (DD1 will be at least 16months when baby is born, if we're lucky enough to conceive straight away!).
Anyway, does anybody have any experience of fitting a double or tandem (I've no particular preference) into such a small car?? From looking at measurements there's a few that should fit, minus parcel shelf (!), but does anybody have actual real-life examples before we head to Mothercare to try some out and get laughed out the shop?! grin
I'm well aware that the answer is probably 'not a chance', but thought I'd ask before having to think about buying a new car (pram is cheaper than car, obviously!)
smile

AprilShowers15 Thu 30-Apr-15 23:00:26

I have a newer c1 so I think the boots bigger, but I can fit an Uppababy Vista in the boot without the parcel shelf as well as the orbit baby double helix.

greatestnerd01 Fri 01-May-15 07:30:46

thanks for that, I'll take a look at those!

Ihateparties Fri 01-May-15 14:48:04

If you're willing to take wheels off etc then I think there's probably a fair few that will fit. Phil and teds are small with the wheels off, a city mini double would probably fit standing upright. You just have to watch out for long folds really.

greatestnerd01 Fri 01-May-15 15:19:29

Yeah I'm not opposed to taking it apart to fit in! I'll have to go and try some out, I'll start with the ones people have mentioned. Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now