Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which pushchairs have won Mumsnet Best, read our lightweight pushchair and pram reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Best holiday pushchair for very large toddler?

(9 Posts)
LidlMermaid Tue 17-Feb-15 11:15:05

DD is 2.7 but very big for her age...she's about the size of a 4 year old (21kg and 104cm).

She doesn't use a puschair much anymore but I think we will need one for holidays this year (when she will be almost 3). We have a BJCM GT but she hates it now. I bought a Joovy Groove for our last holiday and DD likes it but I hate it...it's very hard to push and the brake appears to be for decoration only. Plus DD always looks slumped in the seat.

So, can anyone recommend something relatively lightweight and cheap (happy to buy second hand) that will satisfy both DD and I?

NishyM Tue 17-Feb-15 20:04:53

I bought my ICandy raspberry as a holiday pushchair (already had peach 3), it's got a really long seat which is great for DD who is tall for her age. Not sure if the weight goes as high as 21kg but it's pretty sturdy, maybe worth checking with them?

LidlMermaid Tue 17-Feb-15 22:07:09

I'd love a Raspberry (I had a Strawberry travel system) but it's more than I want to spend at this stage, given that it won't get much use as I don't expect DD will need a pushchair at all for much longer.

charlyn Wed 18-Feb-15 10:08:44

A Mamas and Papas Armadillo might be a good choice. Its great for larger toddlers as the seat is big. Also has a big hood and really easy one hand fold. I have one and have taken it abroad three times.

shitebag Wed 18-Feb-15 11:13:50

Second hand Baby Jogger City Mini/City lite/Zip would be ideal.

moggle Wed 18-Feb-15 13:26:25

But her DD hates their BJCM GT...?!

LidlMermaid Wed 18-Feb-15 13:39:06

I'd be interested in the BJCM Zip as it looks different from the GT but the other BJCMs are too similar.

MiaowTheCat Wed 18-Feb-15 14:42:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

shitebag Wed 18-Feb-15 16:38:56

I completely skipped the part about the GT somehow lol

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: