Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. We've spent weeks researching and testing pushchairs and buggies in real homes with real families. Read our buggy and pushchair reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Pitstop Buggy review

(1 Post)
kirstyfrancesca Tue 10-Feb-15 13:07:15

All of a sudden without warning, my 2 year old Bugaboo Bee had a (dangerously) broken push-bar and hissing wheel. I looked at previous posts for Pitstop Buggy on Mumsnet and some other blogs. To be honest, the reviews were very 'mixed' to say the least, with a few positive but plenty of negative and angry ones too ('the worst' one person called them etc etc).

Obviously I can only go on my experience. But I did think it was worth sharing as it was totally positive.

This Saturday afternoon, I needed help and was worried to be without a buggy for too long as we use it nearly every day. After googling for a while I did not see many options for repairs apart from the smart website for Pitstop. I spoke to a nice guy on the phone and he advised they could pick up or I could drop off. Dropping off seemed quicker. I took it to Hangers Lane (!) and I could not say it was super easy to find the Unit - a workshop in a business park - but I was glad to find when I arrived the team all seemed great and I could see lots of other buggies which had been serviced already.

I had a service to clean and disinfect and polish etc and 2 spare parts. Yes it was expensive with £80 labour (not compared to the price of a new buggy of course) but it was worth every single penny. It came back gleaming, totally fixed and like new again and everyone I had contact with was charming, helpful, knowledgeable and enthusiastic.

From my experience (and I may have been lucky) I cannot fault them, you really do get what you pay for. I am sure that there are other people who can fit spare parts or clean but this is like a full MOT for a car with a full valet. Only once did they not call when they said they would, and they apologized the next day. They sent helpful e mails to update, called me and sent text messages to give progress reports, nice calls from driver to check I was home before delivery, e mailed an invoice when complete. They may still be finding their feet and growing, so could have had problems with customer service in the past, but I would say they had very, very good communication and contact with me.

Well, I was grateful enough to spend time writing this, which is something I hardly do.

(I will try to upload a picture when I get some time as it really does look impressive)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: