Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Maclaren Quest hood

(12 Posts)
Ijustworemytrenchcoat Sat 07-Feb-15 20:39:37

Hello

I am thinking about buying a Maclaren Quest but when I was looking at the Maclaren Techno XT I noticed the newer model has an extra pop out sunshade.

Does anybody know if the 2014 Quest has one too? I am torn between wanting the bigger hood of the XT but wanting the smaller wheels of the Quest.

GotToBeInItToWinIt Sat 07-Feb-15 20:48:52

No the quest doesn't have it. I bought the quest thinking it did and was gutted when I realised I hadn't done my research properly! The hood on the quest is next to useless at keeping the sun out (I only bought it for holidays!)

Ijustworemytrenchcoat Sat 07-Feb-15 21:26:37

Thanks for your reply, it's useful to have it confirmed. Argh, that's really annoying. I don't know if I'll be annoyed by the bigger size of the XT, and I never really get on well with add-on accessories. I know there's a clip on shade you can buy but I like it to be built in.

GotToBeInItToWinIt Sun 08-Feb-15 07:31:35

If id have thought more carefully about it all I think I would have gone with the XT. I find the Quest a bit flimsy although obviously if you're after something small and convenient that's probably your best bet. The XT is quite big but still easy to fold.

Laquila Sun 08-Feb-15 07:34:55

The quest is ideal for hols apart from the bloody hood...its detached at that back and it's very annoying that you get a big hopeless space at the back if you bring it forward at the front.

Ijustworemytrenchcoat Sun 08-Feb-15 10:00:29

Ah, so if you pull the hood forward your child is exposed at the back? I do want the Quest for its neatness, I'm worried the wheel on the Techno XT will stick out too much. I seem to live in a town full of cafés with crammed-together tables.

Laquila Sun 08-Feb-15 21:22:58

Yep, it's a bit of a compromise between pulling it down to keep out the sun at the front and not exposing the top of the head at the back! Other than that, the Quest is a great buggy for busy places/small spaces, although I'm used to a BJ Versa so frankly anything else was always going to be a bit daintier smile

FluffyDavis Mon 09-Feb-15 07:18:02

The denim quest has got an extendable hood, I have got one and bought it for this reason!

Laquila Mon 09-Feb-15 21:22:20

Curses, Fluffy! Wish I'd known that before I bought mine! Although it was only cheapo secondhand, so I don't feel that hard done-by.

Ijustworemytrenchcoat Tue 10-Feb-15 10:33:00

Yeah I'm on the look out for a second hand one too (I missed the £40 bargain in John Lewis). I wondered if maybe the new Quest had a better hood so I would have to try to get that model.

Is it just the denim quest or the quest sport in general that has the better hood?

FluffyDavis Tue 10-Feb-15 14:22:27

Just the denim as far as I know.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Fri 13-Feb-15 16:46:31

OP the £40 Quest was a trick! I ordered it and then they cancelled if saying it was a mistake. You haven't missed out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: