Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our pushchair and pram reviews to find out which products have won Mumsnet Best. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

pushchair gurus needed!

(7 Posts)
Misty9 Wed 04-Feb-15 18:35:37

A year ago I bought the oyster max tandem for dc2 and ds, then 2.7.
Ds is now 3.5 and dd is 9 months, and the double is too bulky and primarily used for standing in by my eldest. It can be used as a single but it's heavy to get up kerbs and very big when folded. So, I'd like a single. But there are so many!
- needs to face both parent and world
- needs to recline, but not an issue if not completely flat. Upright sitting essential for my nosy girl smile
- decent accessible shopping basket
- height adjustable handlebar (I'm 5 10)
- roomy seat with good footrest
- decent hood
- fold isn't hugely important as it will sit in the porch, but not taking up the whole boot (like the max does) would be good

I like the oyster2 but thought dd filled the seat already, and it's pricey. I nearly bought a sola city today, but their customer services reputation put me off...
I was thinking a second hand i candy perhaps? But know nothing about them except they look pretty

Any ideas/suggestions? Budget is up to £200 ish, but happy to get second hand.

Ihateparties Wed 04-Feb-15 18:55:55

You don't mention but do you need a buggyboard? Maybe not desperately with a 3.5yo?

The stuff that springs to mind is the baby jogger versa, a used easywalker mini (bargain, the mosey is probably too new for used ones or I would suggest that) or a used bee plus if you can put up without the footrest.. Hmmm.

The versa seat is massive compared to most reversible seat pushchairs and it meets your other criteria. The fold is longish but flat, the oyster max is very bulky by comparison, only issue is it's not light to lift. The easywalkers are the smallest appearing whilst still having a big enough seat for a toddler.

If you want an Icandy, no reason why not. The peach is very nice to push, the cherry is also great to use, all very easy and just works. Never had an apple so don't know about that. The graco evo is quite similar to the cherry. I also have to admit to a liking for the sola and the sola city despite the terrible reputation.

If I needed a pushchair now I'm pretty certain I would buy an easywalker, probably a mosey.

AprilShowers15 Wed 04-Feb-15 21:18:03

Secondhand Uppababy Cruz

NishyM Wed 04-Feb-15 21:56:21

I've got ICandy and it's certainly nice to push! It's a single that goes into a double though so is quite heavy, I saw the Cherry on sale for £200 online!

Misty9 Thu 05-Feb-15 04:27:21

Yes, sorry should have said, I definitely need a buggy board for my eldest. I'm even now considering getting a cheap more compact double second hand as well for the days we mooch around town for ages. He's not a large child - any suggestions?

I keep seeing the easywalker mentioned so am intrigued, but where can I actually see it and try it?

Ihateparties Thu 05-Feb-15 12:53:59

Small double? No, ideas there really. The jane twone is smallish I guess but realistically it's basically oyster sized but with closer together seats. I used to have a compact tandem from smyths toys but after about six months it got recalled and I never found anything comparable (same set up as oyster max/twone/etc. cost £120!) It even had a reversible top seat. Loved it.

Only place I have seen easywalker in a shop is pramland in hull. In more general terms I don't know who stocks them.

Pinkzoe3 Fri 06-Feb-15 09:45:08

Hello ladies,

I've been looking at the the My Child Magnet pushchair. It's on offer through bounty and comes with a maxi-cosi cabriofix car seat so looks like a really good deal. I'm really struggling to find any reviews for the pushchair and wondered if any of you would be able to help?
Thank you! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: