Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our pushchair and pram reviews to find out which products have won Mumsnet Best. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Double buggies

(12 Posts)
RosieRosie1 Tue 03-Feb-15 10:07:06

anyone got an tips or hints or recommendations? Please xx

bettyboop1970 Tue 03-Feb-15 10:10:41

I had a double Maclaren. Really sturdy, I got it second hand, used it for 3\4 years then passed it on to someone else.

Ihateparties Tue 03-Feb-15 16:51:45

If you only need it for a relatively short amount of time, eg 6m or so then the details are probably not that important. Just make sure there's an appropriate lie flat option for a newborn (I'm assuming you need that) and you can push it easily enough, fold it and it fits where you need it to, car boot, through front door etc.

If you're likely to need it for longer or have any really specific needs like using it off pavement or you need it to be particularly compact then putting a bit more thought in probably pays off.

Without knowing what you want/ don't really have any specific recommendations.

NishyM Tue 03-Feb-15 19:22:23

Can only recommend what I have which is ICandy Peach 3, only using it as a single at the mo but will (hopefully) be using it as a double next year! No problems so far, really pleased with it.

haylzwatson Tue 10-Feb-15 16:40:52

Hi hoping for some advice I'm expecting another baby in June and by this time my little boy will be 18 months old, I've been looking at purchasing a double pram a Phil and ted verve or vibe haven't decided as look similar but I have a perfectly good silver cross pram already which would be fine for the new born so thought instead of a whole new pram to buy a buggy board and one of this buggypods however we do like family days out and walks my son loves to walk by himself (hardly use the pram for him at the moment) but will obviously still get tired on long days out what would you go for a new pram or the board and seat for current pram with about £350 difference in price!! My partners always saying I look at cheap rubbish he's in favour of the pram however if I can save money and keep my son happy and comfortable than I'd be happier with that what do people think

whatsagoodusername Tue 10-Feb-15 16:44:36

I've got a Phil & Ted - it's been great for us. And they are usually very good bargains on eBay. We bought ours, with all the extras, for about £100.

tortoisesarefab Tue 10-Feb-15 16:46:04

Have you seen the buggypod perle? I am looking at this for my Ds. It's only new so no reviews as yet. www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/18/35401/buggypod-perle-clip-on-board-and-booster-seat-%28zebra%29/

haylzwatson Tue 10-Feb-15 18:07:25

I like both the Phil and ted pram but really like the look of the buggypods but my partner says it doesn't look comfy and my boy wouldn't be able to sleep in it and that's his worry I think it looks really comfy and much cheaper than a new pram really unsure what to go for as there's nothing wrong with our current pram either any views on the look of the buggypods and what people think?

Buttercup27 Tue 10-Feb-15 18:11:34

I love my britax side by side double. It is brilliant. You can use it with a car seat and I haven't yet found a door I can't fit through (I have had it a year) and use it most days.

ElphabaTheGreen Tue 10-Feb-15 18:13:09

Depends OP - is it for twins or a toddler and a newborn? Can't help on the former, but if it's the latter? Forget about a double, keep your single pram and get a sling. An eighth of the price and 50 times the functionality. I wear DS2 while pushing DS1 or he walks. I feel quietly smug when I see others managing monster double prams that sometimes need a massive amount of manoeuvring to just get through a doorway. I haven't had to take the pram in the car once with DS2. So, so, so much easier with the sling.

haylzwatson Tue 10-Feb-15 18:37:34

Yeah toddler and new born my toddler loves walking and rarely use the pram for him now anyway just take it on days out where we may be out and about all day or go for a long walk in case he gets tired

tortoisesarefab Tue 10-Feb-15 18:43:35

To be honest op, I am looking at the buggypod for my almost 3 year old. I have a 16month gap and couldn't have done without a double. Neither of my children liked slings as babies and I didn't either. I do walk a lot though and am often out of the house when they need a sleep. If you only do short journeys in the pram and are always home for sleeps then it wouldn't be much of an issue. If it's just for days out then maybe get a cheap second hand double or single buggy if there are always going to be 2 of you with 2 children and use the buggypod for day to day. You can always change your mind if it's not working

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: