Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. We've spent weeks researching and testing pushchairs and buggies in real homes with real families. Read our buggy and pushchair reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Cameleon re-vamp

(4 Posts)
KatoPotato Fri 30-Jan-15 17:32:25

I'm 25 weeks pg with DS2 and starting to think about getting organised!

I have a bugaboo bee 2009 (but can't locate the car seat adapters anywhere!) and a 1st Gen Cameleon that got packed away when the chassis went wonky. I have a million and one fabrics, footmuffs gadgets etc for it, so remember thinking my plan would be to just buy a new chassis and foam wheels when I got pg again.

So, having a look I can buy a new 2nd gen chassis for £200, and all my parts will fit fine, but then I was looking and you can get a Cam3 chassis for £250.

I see I would have to buy new wheels, but does anyone no if the old seat unit would fit on the new chassis? The seat frame etc looks identical, but if anyone had any info I'd be super grateful!

KatoPotato Fri 30-Jan-15 17:36:48

I've just read that the car seat adapters fit both, so surely thats the same mechanism?

Ihateparties Fri 30-Jan-15 18:06:53

No promises but I'm pretty sure the seat connectors are the same. If the car seat adaptors are workable on both that seems to tie in.

KatoPotato Fri 30-Jan-15 19:07:58

Hmmmm a new frame and the compatible wheels is going to be just shy of £400... Can get a complete cam3 on gumtree for £450!

Think I'll stick to my original plan!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: