Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Mothercare Orb appreciation thread.

(5 Posts)
getoffmybramblepatch Tue 20-Jan-15 09:05:45

I can't figure out how to post reviews on their website, but I needed to say somewhere how over the moon I still am with this pram.
I've had it for two years now and it's done dc1 through sun rain wind and snow. The cosy toes is thick and luxurious inside, so cosy and with the rain cover on they would never know how bad the weather was.
The fabrics come off easily, wash beautifully and look like new each time you pop them on again. I have it in black and I'm so so excited to use it again for dc2, we use most days, can be folded down one handed when you get the knack and put in car so other hand free for toddler taming.
Both forward and rearward facing and can be switched in a second with one hand. dc1 still has plenty of room to nap (this was my initial concern when buying but he has loads of room) and he will soon be evicted for dc2.
Everything about this pram still looks and feels like new and it's been used every day. I never thought I could be so happy with something that came on such a budget.
I don't work for mothercare, but just wanted to reassure anyone thinking about getting one how brilliant they are!

natureplantar101 Tue 20-Jan-15 17:15:24

this is a joke right ? 😂 i remain unconvinced. mothercare sell cheap shoddy prams and refuse refunds and hand out dirty prams for use during repairs etc everyone knows this. i wouldn't touch an "orb" "spin" or "xpedior" with a 20ft pole they can release as many limited edition colours and designs as they want still a shoddy dangerous product at the end of the day

getoffmybramblepatch Tue 20-Jan-15 17:50:01

Wow that's pretty judgemental. Shoddy and dangerous? Where is the evidence for that?
Like I say mines been used every day, for holidays and I live rurally. It's been taken on trains and busses, country and city and gets batted around in the boot of my car.
It's never been shoddy or dangerous and I've never needed a dirty replacement pram because I've never had issues with it!!
fwiw.. you sound lovely hmm

natureplantar101 Tue 20-Jan-15 18:24:43

read the mumsnet reviews of every mothercare pram not a single good one on there and they always pop up on this board with people complaining or sharing bad experiances

AliceMum09 Tue 20-Jan-15 22:42:23

I had a Mothercare MyChoice 4 wheeler pram for DD2 (bought three years ago now) and it was really well-built. It was manufactured by Dorel, who make Maxi Cosi products (element of the My Choice were exactly the same as the Quinny Buzz). Couldn't find fault with it at all, I have no idea why they replaced it with the Movix and Expedior prams that just look flimsy and horrible!

A friend has the Orb and she too has used it every day for the past two years. The chassis broke at one point, but was repaired promptly by Mothercare. I don't like the look of it personally, and the seat seems small and shallow, but my friend has no complaints. She does a fair bit of walking with it in parks etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now