Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Out n About Nipper Double - Good choice? How much room needed in an estate boot?

(6 Posts)
Bex174 Mon 19-Jan-15 23:37:16

Hi All,

I have twins on the way and looking for a double buggy from birth - 3/4yrs that's easy to use and fits through regular doors. The Out n About Nipper Double seems to have really good reviews and looks simple to use - being a first time mother and useless at even a shopping trolley something easy to wheel is a must!!

Only issue I have is alongside twins on their way I have a rather large (tall) labradoodle dog, bigger than a Labrador. Wondering whether he would fit in an estate car boot alongside this folded buggy?? Struggling to find a stockist in my area (Derby) to view this in person and try it out, everywhere seems to be order in only.

Any help or other suggestions much appreciated!!

JellyTipisthebest Tue 20-Jan-15 06:44:49

I thinks its a good choice as its light easy to push and the seats go up to a good weight. I think all the others would take up even more room. If it fits with the dog may depend on if you have a way of fixing it more upright rather than on it side. I say fixing it as you would want it to fall on the . Or you could chuck a thick blanket over it so the dog could rest his head on it.

Just found a blog with a picture of it in a car boot.

I think because you need one that can manage to go dog walking it pop is the best option.

MiaowTheCat Wed 21-Jan-15 07:35:47

Mothercare over on the Wyvern used to have the Nipper double in-store to look at. Didn't see if they did or not when I was in there recently though.

Honestly though - it's a big fold and I think you might struggle. I think we could just about have got ours in the boot with one of our dogs (we have a Zafira and greyhound) - but it wouldn't have been a good fit or comfortable for them really.

The work-around we used (I've got two kids with 11 months between them) was to get an umbrella fold stroller type thing (we got a second hand Cosatto that laid flat) and pop that in the rear passenger footwells to use as a dog-walking buggy, then I used the Nipper for everything I didn't have to take the dogs with me for. Not ideal but it was the best we could manage at the time. My other plan had been to just use a stroller for the eldest and sling the baby - but that didn't work as my pelvis was so wrecked with the two pregnancies that I didn't have the core strength to do this and DD2 hated being in any kind of sling anyway.

Unfortunately I've long since sold on my Nipper or you could have had a look at ours in the car boot (I'm fairly close to you as you might guess).

Dontstepinthecowpat Wed 21-Jan-15 07:52:04

We had nipper double it was a fab buggy, so light to use. It is a big buggy and cumbersome but I think most doubles are. We have a passat estate, double nipper, a Labrador and regularly go visit family 3 hours away so pack enough for a family of 5 for a few nights away, all fit in boot!

bexibean Wed 21-Jan-15 14:39:37

The nipper is a great double, only downside was we managed to get a lot of punctures but I think that would happen with any inflatable tyres. Public transport only when we had it though so can't advise on the boot situation.

Bex174 Sun 08-Feb-15 23:52:37

Thanks everyone for all the advice, really useful. As an update we now have the nipper 360 double and yes we can fit it in the boot with the wheels off plus a large dog! He has about a foot and a half- two foot room down the side of the boot lengthways and with a duvet covering over the buggy he can use that as a head rest.

Twins aren't here yet to test ride it, but using the buggy in the shop and around our house and garden it seems a dream to control. One of the best looking doubles out there and can't wait to put it to proper use!

Thanks again smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now