Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Please can someone help? Confused about bugaboo donkey duo

(8 Posts)
cleoteacher Mon 12-Jan-15 13:56:29

Ok, hoping someone in the know can help me.

Thinking of purchasing a donkey duo second hand. However it only comes with one seat and one carrycot.

I have been trying to research and am I right in thinking I would need to purchase a donkey duo extension kit to make this ok to take two seats once newborn grows out of carrycot?

The extension kit is £150 for rain over, seat, frame without fabric. Is this right? There is nothing else but this?

JaniceJoplin Mon 12-Jan-15 14:03:08

The carrycot has the same frame as the seat. If you are buying a carrycot it will already come with a raincover (they are identical for carrycot and seat) and the bumper and hood. You just need the fabric to make the seat (unsure what its called) as it then fits on the old carrycot frame. It's a clever piece of kit.

JaniceJoplin Mon 12-Jan-15 14:12:40

I would double check with the seller that they don't already have 2 fabric seats, as I think it may be sold this way. I think mine came that way.

cleoteacher Mon 12-Jan-15 20:16:40

No they only seem to have a carrycot and one seat, which is odd and makes me think she didn't buy it new otherwise why would she not have the second seat as its included in the package?

She's put the title as donkey mono yet it has a carrycot and seat with no storage basket. Again all the donkey monos I have seen have always had just one seat.

JaniceJoplin Mon 12-Jan-15 22:18:53

It does perhaps sound second hand. I had one and the lower basket was scuffed and had a few holes after about 6 months as it would catch on pavements when full of shopping. There is a 3 year guarantee with them you could maybe ask them to replace any broken bits before selling. Maybe the seat fabric if they did have it at one point is not saleable if you don't use a footmuff they can get a bit dirty although the kit is washable I used to wash my seats in the machine! You'd want to make sure it wasn't a stolen one too.

JaniceJoplin Mon 12-Jan-15 22:20:40

It's weird not to have the side basket. I think they are standard.

cleoteacher Mon 12-Jan-15 22:21:31

How do I make sure it's not stolen?

JaniceJoplin Tue 13-Jan-15 17:42:34

maybe ask when they bought it and would they mind passing on the receipt and 3 yr guarantee if any problems arise they can be dealt with under the guarantee.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: