Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Oyster Tandem

(4 Posts)
flowerygirl Tue 30-Dec-14 15:51:06

I'm expecting baby no 2 and a DD who will be just 2 when the new one arrives. I've loved my I-candy for her but looked at the Oyster Tandem today and seems like a great option (and very reasonably priced, the I candy double is nearly £300 more)

Just wondering if anyone has the same and would recommend? Any positives and negatives gratefully received!

Misty9 Thu 01-Jan-15 16:51:19

I've got it; need to run now but will be back with a review!

Misty9 Thu 01-Jan-15 19:18:58

Back! We bought the oyster max for our second baby when ds was 2.7 and still napping in the pushchair. Overall, I would recommend it - though it's used as a buggy board most often now!

Pros
Looks lovely! Lots of compliments
Sturdy and good quality straps, fastenings etc
Easy to push, even fully loaded
Easy to swap seats about
Main seat is really roomy and comfy and reclines almost flat
Decent sized shopping basket

Cons
Difficult to get up kerbs (I put my foot on the metal bar to get leverage)
Basket is very low to ground and is also where bottom child puts their feet - so I would expect tougher wearing straps but we've broken one already
Limited configuration in my opinion as carrycot can only go on bottom facing forwards or solo on top (can't then have bottom seat) and to fit a bigger toddler underneath you'd really have to have the baby forward facing too.
Bottom seat doesn't recline much
It's seriously bulky if you use a car regularly; we've got a Peugeot 308 and it fills our car boot with two seat units and chassis. We couldn't really take the carrycot bit anywhere!
The seats are getting a bit stiff to remove after nearly a year's use

that said, most of those cons would apply to any tandem pushchair and I would overall recommend it.

Feel free to ask any questions smile

flowerygirl Fri 02-Jan-15 13:42:50

Thanks very much, that's all very helpful!

Your pros all sound good and the cons I think I can live with smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now