Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Bugaboo Bee Plus anyone?

(9 Posts)
Tranquilitybaby Sun 07-Dec-14 21:54:53

If you have one do you like it? I'm looking at a one button fold second hand one to leave in the car x

Thanks

catastrophiser Sun 07-Dec-14 21:59:24

Buyer beware. I had a model with the wheels which kept freezing. It was on the Bee 2. Earlier models did not have this fault and am not sure about latest ones. My buggy was taken back and supposedly fixed but same fault occurred so I demanded my money back and got it.

Tranquilitybaby Sun 07-Dec-14 22:19:51

Is the bee 2 the same as the bee plus? This is the 2010-2013 model x thank you

catastrophiser Sun 07-Dec-14 22:56:08

Yes I think it is. Mine was a 2010 or 11 model as I bought it need in September 2011. Yours may be fine but would hate you to pay over the odds and then have no comeback as it is secondhand. I have since bought secondhand cameleon 3 for new dd and it is fab but v big. Was tempted by single fold baby city joggers but they are not parent facing.

nwilson12 Mon 08-Dec-14 08:06:33

I bought a bee plus second hand which I have as my car buggy and I like it. It did have the wobbly/shimmy wheels issue but bugaboo sent me the metal washers to fix it. Not had any other issues. It's great for going around the shops.

minipie Tue 09-Dec-14 19:17:18

I bought mine in about Sep 2012 and it has the wheel judder issue fixed. 2011 ones were the problem ones I think.

However earlier versions can still be fixed, you just write to Bugaboo and they send you some metal washers which you fit to the axles and they fix the judder.

I like my Bee a lot. It's not perfect but I haven't come across anything I prefer.

Plus points:

- It's very compact, small feeling. Turns on a sixpence. Light. Everything else feels a bit tank like by comparison. Great on buses, in shops, small hallways.
- Fold is easy and one piece. Will fold with things in the basket and with seat either way.
- Very extending handle which is great as DH and I are very different heights. Nice comfy handlebar shape, easy to push one handed.

Negative points
- The wheels are titchy and get stuck in any potholes unless you're careful. No good for off road or bumping up and down steps regularly.
- The clamshell seat isn't quite as protective/supportive as a bucket seat IMO.
- You definitely need two hands to fold it

If you want a one handed fold look at baby joggers. (I find them too long personally and when reclined they bash my legs, also not parent facing, but one handed fold may outweigh these issues for you).

NishyM Tue 09-Dec-14 20:46:23

We choose ICandy Raspberry because I had read about the issues with the wheels on the Bee2 and weren't sure if this was a common problem. Can you stand the new Bee upright when it's folded?

Tranquilitybaby Wed 10-Dec-14 16:59:39

Thanks everyone. I might chance getting on as my friends ones is a good buy with all the accessories and if I don't like I can sell it on.

I had a go of the bee3 in Mothercare and was impressed with that.

TakingTheStairs Wed 10-Dec-14 17:05:08

We have a bee plus as our car/travel/ destroyed in the nursery shed buggy. It's great for occasional use but as others said before me, it's rubbish for bumps and holes and uneven ground. If it was my main buggy I'd hate it but it's fine for occasional use

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now