Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Recommend me a school run buggy please

(4 Posts)
catlass Wed 03-Dec-14 15:45:13

I currently have one very expensive pushchair which I use daily for my baby but I'm not happy to use this on the toddlers nursery run as buggys have to be left outside at drop off/pick up.

I also have a mothercare buggy which I'm currently using but it is awful. Difficult to steer. The bigger issue though is the straps which pull a part into into 5 parts IYSWIM. I struggle to get all 5 straps parts together as they are very fiddly, especially when it's cold as I have a muscle related disability which makes my dexterity difficult, it is exacerbated by cold weather.

Requirements:
Cheap(ish)...under 150. Don't mind second hand for a a more expensive buggy

-basket easy to reach

-straps in three pieces and easy to put together

-would be nice to be able to use a buggy snuggle with it

Any thoughts?

Squtternutbaush Sat 06-Dec-14 21:50:43

Could you lock it up with a bike lock?

I've done that with our main pushchair if I'm only going to be a few minutes or I use my Baby Jogger City mini as it can be folded/put up in seconds and carried in with me but I prefer to use the baby carrier (we use a Connecta) if I know it'll be awkward for me.

The 5 part harness is for some reason becoming a popular thing amongst manufacturers but I agree its not practical at all!

GoMommaItsaBargain Sun 14-Dec-14 20:55:04

Hi sorry can't think re the harness thing but for ease of use for the same situation as you I have just got a maclaren quest from winstanleys pram world, only 155 and was 195 on john Lewis, is so easy to use and my buggy snuggles go on it fine, it's very sturdy, comfy for my 11 month old and looks smart, have previously had bug bees in the boot but seems a waste having such an expensive buggy for 'in the boot' for me as I walk loads and have something more suitable off roady for that. I have had lots probs hands/nerves etc and recently had a hand op which left me unable to even collapse the bug bee (two handed job) but Mac quest is no prob one handed/foot, on the new Mac basket slightly better.
Babyjogger City mini second hand? Easy fold even if still have to fiddle with a five pont harness.

eatingforonemore Thu 18-Dec-14 22:55:34

I've heard great things about the M&Ps armadillo and Joie Brisk (on deal at pramcentre.co.uk)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now