Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Does the zip inside the icandy seat shred your childrens clothes?

(6 Posts)
lennalo Mon 01-Dec-14 20:02:21

The exposed zip teeth that run inside the seat unit grates my daughters coat arms and leaves them shredded. (I hope they do not do the same to her arms in the summer) customer services are unhelpful and unsympathetic, I keep being told that I am the only person who has ever complained of this as if that invalidates my problem.

brownie31 Tue 02-Dec-14 07:26:05

I've only ever used my icandy with the liner that zips on (the one that is part of the flavour pack along with the hood). Can you put this back into your pushchair as this would avoid the exposed zip? Or did you take it out so your daughter had more space? I'm not sure how else you could resolve it otherwise.

NishyM Tue 02-Dec-14 20:35:13

Wow that's crazy! Surely that could happen on any seat with an exposed zip though?!

lennalo Wed 03-Dec-14 15:55:55

I think it's a design flaw that the zip teeth do not have a cover. Icandy sell seat liners as an optional expensive extra which would engage the zip but if you don't purchase them then the seat should still be able to function without grating a child's clothes. We were not offered icandy seat liners at time of purchase and would not of brought them as we already had John Lewis foot muffs/ liners from our single pushchair (we needed a double pushchair when my son arrived and so purchased the icandy peach blossom). We have now come to an agreement with the retailer for liners but three of my daughters coats have been grated as I couldn't work out where she was getting the pulls from and I never imagined it was the pushchair I had paid £1000 for! The worse thing is trying to talk to icandy customer service, they are belligerent in their responses, insisting that I take the chair back to the not local shop where I purchased the pushchair and get the seat sent back to them for inspection - no mum wants to be without a double buggy whilst they 'inspect'. They didn't even have the curtesy to reply to my last email.

NishyM Thu 04-Dec-14 19:07:20

Sorry to hear that sad I've just bought a Raspberry and there's no zip in the seat bit so I won't have the same problem, I have been told by friends that the ICandy customer service is usually really helpful though, which is part of the reason I bought one! Were they expensive coats?

lennalo Sat 06-Dec-14 13:48:11

All baby zara, good quality coats

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now