Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Parent facing three wheel buggy?

(19 Posts)
BoydCrowder Mon 24-Nov-14 16:19:24

We're new to this pushchair business and have absolutely no idea what we're doing, so I am hoping someone here can help....

Ideally we need a 3 wheel, off road type buggy with a full size parent facing seat (DD is 8mo). Does such a thing even exist? We'd rather not spend an absolute fortune if possible.

TIA. smile

bakingtins Mon 24-Nov-14 16:23:03

I have a Quinny Buzz which fulfils those criteria. I'm a bit ambivalent about it though, it is heavy and difficult to collapse. It has lasted 8 years and 3 children though - that's a lot of dog walking. If you get one, you need the optional pneumatic front wheel and an additional shopping basket.

Velvet1973 Mon 24-Nov-14 16:25:01

The Jane trider. We've just bought it on recommendation of a friend, she uses hers to walk across the fields and very nimble around the shops! We've yet to use it as we're adopting and baby isn't with us yet. Really impressed with the quality of it.

BoydCrowder Mon 24-Nov-14 17:18:54

Thank you so much - we're going to the pram shop this weekend, so I'll make a beeline for both of those to try out.

The next job is going to be to get the dogs to walk nicely alongside the buggy!

Congratulations, Velvet! smile

CaptainMorgansMistress Mon 24-Nov-14 19:31:19

Is there a reason you particularly want a three wheeler?

We had one as you describe for DC1 (a mothercare my3) and I really hated how tippy it was going up and down curbs.

This time around we are going for the baby jogger versa GT - parent / fwd facing, off road, compact when folded and nice big seat and basket.

It's a 4 wheeler but well worth a look in my opinion. Also the Easywalker mosey which is v new but getting rave reviews.

Velvet1973 Mon 24-Nov-14 20:12:09

We decided on 3 wheeler because they are much better off road. We will spend 90% of our time with buggy on country lanes and fields. The only urban use it will have will be local city centre so no kerbs etc and that's going to be a tiny part of what we do as not shopping type people so only go if necessary.

Artandco Mon 24-Nov-14 20:17:35

Bugaboo are bringing out a jogger frame soon. I think you attach the seat from either the chameleon or bee and can face both ways

Artandco Mon 24-Nov-14 20:18:33

Called ' bugaboo runner'

Muchtoomuchtodo Mon 24-Nov-14 20:21:12

We had a bebe confort Hugh Trek.

Was big to go in the boot, but very sturdy for off reading.

Momzilla82 Mon 24-Nov-14 20:26:51

Have you seen the bugaboo buffalo and the stokke trailz (or similar). Both are four wheel prams. But sturdy, built for all terrain, country type walks. Heavy. But sturdy. The bugaboo jogger 3 wheeler isn't out in the uk til next autumn. Spring 2015 in the states.

WanderingTrolley1 Mon 24-Nov-14 20:28:53

Quinny.

TheTruffleHunter Mon 24-Nov-14 20:34:50

We have an iCandy Apple which is pretty good off-road as long as you keep the tyres well inflated. Was hoping to use as a jogger but not quite nimble enough for that - our local trails are a bit too off-road. Only issue is it's a bit on the heavyside so in & out of high boot, trains etc a pain now I'm pg again..

poppetina Mon 24-Nov-14 20:40:52

I have a quinny buzz too, but like the pp said, it's hard to collapse and you need an all terrain front wheel (bought mine separately from amazon, £50ish at the time). Shopping basket is useless. Not sure how long it would realistically last you either - my 13mo is fine in it but my nearly 3yo would look ridiculous in it! Would a sling be any good for you?

bakingtins Mon 24-Nov-14 22:35:04

If parent facing was not a deal breaker, I'd get a baby jogger city GT. I keep thinking about replacing my Quinny, but I do like the parent facing thing esp while they are small. My DD spends a lot of time in the pushchair with two school runs and a dog walk each day, I think losing that interaction time would be a problem for us. I've tended to world-face it once they are a little older though, maybe at 8m+ it's less of an issue?

BoydCrowder Mon 24-Nov-14 22:35:07

We've been using a sling until now, but she's starting to get a bit too heavy for long dog walks and days out etc. DH takes her when we're out together but if I'm on my own it's rather a faff. We live in the middle of no where so all our dog walks are off road, and from talking to friends a 3 wheel is easier to manage when it's bumpy ground. Given that I'll have to manage two dogs on leads at the same time as pushing the pushchair, I want it to be as easy to manoeuvre as possible. Apart from the dogs, it sounds very similar to you, Velvet - minimal urban use.

Captain - curbs won't be an issue as there aren't any within miles, just mud, hills and more mud and hills!

I have just found another 3 wheel, parent facing buggy - iCandy Peach Jogger. Any one have any experience of those? It seems to have good reviews.

bakingtins Mon 24-Nov-14 22:37:01

My children have all been fine in the Quinny until old enough to balance bike or scoot (2.5 ish) but they are on the small side.

Artandco Mon 24-Nov-14 22:42:22

Look at the babyzen yoga. It parent faces first year or so, then normal. But 3 wheeler, and has lights at front if dog walking in dusk/ dark

NishyM Tue 25-Nov-14 20:40:23

My sister has a Peach Jogger which faces both ways, although it does need a carrycot for the first 6 months or so.

MrsMogginsMinge Tue 25-Nov-14 22:20:01

Jane Slalom Reverse?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now