Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Pushchair annoyances - Graco EVO mini. Any suggestions?

(12 Posts)
Taystee Fri 21-Nov-14 16:08:21

I've been using the graco EVO mini for around 6 months now and it's really starting to annoy me. I changed from an uppababy vista which I loved but it was a bit too wide and took up too much space in the house.

The five point harness is really annoying on the EVO mini, especially now my 15mo DS is walking and is in and out of the pushchair. I hate the way the straps come apart and get twisted and can only be put back together one way. Also don't really like the raincover.

When I was looking my main requirements were compact enough fold, good basket and lie flat which is why I went for the EVO mini. Now willing to forgo the good basket if it means I can have an easier harness. Still want good recline for naps, not too wide wheelbase and somewhat lightweight. Definitely want one handed push. Does anything suit my requirements?

Sorry for the mini essay!

Thanks

Ihateparties Fri 21-Nov-14 16:54:57

Ummm a nuna pepp? They were really cheap somewhere recently but I've forgotten where. The red kite zumi is also good if you don't mind the slightly cheap appearance.

Taystee Fri 21-Nov-14 19:25:58

Thanks parties. I've tried the zumi and didn't really like it. The review of the pepp on bestbuggy says the harness is terrible - is this not the case?

Ihateparties Fri 21-Nov-14 19:44:22

The pepp- probably, lots of things have the 5 way split harness now seems like. Hmmm. Babyzen yoyo? recaro easylife? Mountain buggy nano? Maybe a combi? Wait until January for a baby jogger zip? Babyhome emotion? If you want something that's actually compact but has a bar handle there isn't a massive choice. What was it you didn't like about the zumi? That might give me more of a clue of what you're looking for, it might be that you'd go for something wider than the sort of thing I'm mentioning because other factors are more important.

Taystee Fri 21-Nov-14 21:19:12

I've been tempted by a babyzen yoyo many a time but the price puts me off. I will have to see if I can test out the recaro / mountain buggy somewhere. I googled the Zip and it said fiddly 5 point harness sad
I think I'd go a bit bigger as long as the pushchair was still lightweight and didn't "feel" bulky if you know what I mean.
With regards to the Zumi I really couldn't get over the cheapness of it.
Main factor at the moment is ease of use of the harness as the Evo Mini is driving me crazy.

Ihateparties Fri 21-Nov-14 21:43:59

I think there's some safety regs come in somewhere, not necessarily the uk, that's driving these split apart harnesses. I haven't encountered one yet but I'm reading about them all the time on newer pushchairs.

The britax b agile sort of does what you want, a city mini sort of does both a little heavier to push than the yoyo etc. I think. I feel like there's stuff I'm missing. What about an oyster gem? Or an oyster lite? Although that maybe also has an annoying harness.

I would love an excuse for a yoyo but it's way too bumpy here. The emotion is awesome to push and my favourite pushchair ever but not without irritating points.

Ihateparties Fri 21-Nov-14 21:45:13

Re the harness... Is it sewn to the pushchair or does it come through slots in the seat? What I mean is could it be changed for a less annoying one?!

Taystee Sat 22-Nov-14 03:17:39

The harness comes through the seat. Good point. Maybe I can change it. I wonder what the oyster gem and lite are like

Ihateparties Sat 22-Nov-14 09:33:07

Best buggy has info on both, I had a prototype gem but I can't remember beyond it wasn't 5 part because I would definitely have remembered that. If you're okay with the rest of the evo mini then £20ish on a harness (I once got an oyster one as a spare part) is probably an easier cheaper option to switching.

Taystee Wed 26-Nov-14 07:33:27

So... I've done a bit of a bad thing and bought a Yoyo! Seems lovely so far but not yet been outside. Does anyone know how much I should ask for a 6 month old graco EVO mini?

Ihateparties Wed 26-Nov-14 10:28:13

No idea but grin

Taystee Wed 26-Nov-14 11:12:24

In hindsight I should have bought the yoyo in the first place but was too hung up on basket size. I think the compactness will suit us much better. I can store it under the coffee table grin
Thanks for all the advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now