Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Double Buggy - Please Help!!!!

(12 Posts)
Feathers1981 Mon 17-Nov-14 09:00:26

Please help me! I am really struggling to find a double buggy with the following:

•Must be inline (not side by side)
•Must be able to fit the maxi cosi infant car seat on whilst having the toddler also in a pram seat
•Must not have wheels that can puncture (as think this would drive me insane and live near coast with lots of cobbly paths so could get them easily)!
•Needs to be suitable for a newborn and a tall 2.5 year old
•Both seats need to recline as 2.5yr old still napping for 2 hours a day.
•Not bothered about car/heaviness etc if the above ok.

Really struggling to find anything and keep coming back to phil and teds but the whole wheel thing really puts me off grin(

Norfolknway Mon 17-Nov-14 09:21:39

I had the Phil and teds sport double and didn't need get a puncture.

my brother had one too and they had their wheels with that slime that prevents punctures [smilesmile

Feathers1981 Mon 17-Nov-14 10:59:43

Ooo....that slime stuff! We have that for one of our actual cars in lieu of a spare wheel (legal - that the way it came to save space). Now why didn't I think of that??!!! I'll put it down to baby brain! Do you love your Phil and Teds?

JuniperTisane Mon 17-Nov-14 11:02:12

What about the Baby Jogger City Select? Or the Oyster Max.

Thesimplethings Mon 17-Nov-14 11:03:05

You need the baby jogger city select.

I used mine for three years and still looks as good as new. It fits every requirement you have listed.

Thesimplethings Mon 17-Nov-14 11:04:41

Forgot to say, it will also function as a single and you can get a buggy board for it when your oldest no longer needs a pram.

Ihateparties Mon 17-Nov-14 14:42:04

If you really aren't bothered by weight then the city select is excellent. You do need to accept that the trade off is that it's heavier to turn and tip than a lot of other things.

If you have cobbly paths I would suggest something with air tyres really, I live in a cobbly place and although I haven't always had them it's always much better when we do. Especially for a double.

I pretty much never say it but a p&t might be the way to go in this case, the toddler seat will probably be a bit short if your child is tall, hard to know how much of a problem without trying them in one.

I wouldn't buy an oyster max for off pavement personally but otherwise it fits the bill.

dancingwitch Mon 17-Nov-14 14:45:04

Britax b dual? Heavy but I loved ours as the DC both had so much space.

Velvet1973 Mon 17-Nov-14 14:55:47

The Jane twone but don't think you can use maxi cosi but can use the Jane car seats.

ZylaB Tue 18-Nov-14 12:54:56

Look up the new uppababy vista 2015 model, can be used as a double in lots of combinations smile

NishyM Tue 18-Nov-14 21:12:14

Definitely ICandy Peach, does all that you need and looks gorgeous! x

SparklyReindeerShit Wed 19-Nov-14 08:07:30

We have a p&t and my 2.6yo is tall an fits really nicely in it. She's in the second seat as dd2 is newborn still and she loves riding in it. It's heavy and basket space is limited and hard to get to when seat laid flat but I do like it. Nice and slim, handles well, keeps baby lovely and warm (we have a cacoon).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now