Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

double buggy for 17m & newborn

(8 Posts)
mumsoph Tue 11-Nov-14 21:58:05

hey, can anyone recommend a double buggy please?
It needs to be small & light as I don't drive & always use buses.
Suitable for a 17month old & a newborn... thanks x

findingherfeet Tue 11-Nov-14 22:04:28

Mountain buggy duet is fantastic as it's so narrow for a double/easy to push/comfy seats with big hoods....it weighs a ton however to carry folded (folds relatively small for a double) but if you haven't got a car to put it in this might not be a problem, I found it ok on the bus (well as ok as it gets on a crowded bus with a double)

reynoldsnumber Tue 11-Nov-14 22:06:33

We also had a mountain buggy duet. It's really narrow, and very manoeuvrable. I had no probs on buses or escalators. We had newborn plus 14 month old. I'd definitely recommend it (although I didn't try anything else!)

mumsoph Tue 11-Nov-14 23:20:31

Thankyou x

OpenSandwich Tue 11-Nov-14 23:26:18

I love my out'n'about nippa 360. Bought it off eBay.

Very light to steer, narrow for a double (fits through doors) and the pneumatic tyres cope with anything including off-road and sand.

mumsoph Tue 11-Nov-14 23:49:18

Thankyou x

MiaowTheCat Wed 12-Nov-14 19:20:58

Nipper's fab as a side-by-side goes - never found a nicer thing to push. I had 11 months between mine though and quite a late walker in DD1, but when she finally started walking she decided against the buggy completely very very rapidly so I switched to using quite an old second hand P+T and she just ducked in and out of the bottom seat when needed.

NishyM Wed 12-Nov-14 20:02:52

Icandy Peach has always been recommended to me, although I haven't had my first yet so won't need a double just yet! A friend recommends hers as the double she had was so big they wouldn't let her on the bus

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now