Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Double pram recommendations?

(8 Posts)
steerpike82 Mon 10-Nov-14 02:30:23

Hi there, I'm expecting my 2nd child due on Xmas day. My son will be just over 10 months old. I don't have a car & so tend to walk everywhere with my son. ( stupid I know but it's a conscious choice. I know if I had a car I'd be terrible!) My son is a tall baby, in 12m clothing now so I need something sturdy but not too heavy. Does anyone have any recommendations please? Thanks so much!

NishyM Mon 10-Nov-14 14:53:43

A few of my friends said the ICandy Peach is perfect as a double and that it's really sturdy, also apparently you can raise the hood up to make the seat taller!

Ihateparties Mon 10-Nov-14 16:02:40

With the age gap you will have I would get a side by side, if you can accommodate how wide they are. Is there any particular width you would need it to be, or size of fold?

The mountain buggy duet is the narrowest open (63cm) but large and heavy when folded. The baby joggers - city mini and city mini gt are reliable options. I also like the look of the red kite twini (I have the single version and I like it a lot) but the single hood could be an issue.

If you would prefer a tandem then the Icandy peach, apple2pear, babystyle oyster max, jane twone and baby jogger city select are all worth a look.

MiaowTheCat Tue 11-Nov-14 19:31:16

I have 11 months between my two, both very very tall kids (DD2 is off the height charts and her sister's close as well) and the best I had for the age when they're both in the pushchair the bulk of the time was a Nipper. I swapped to an old, cheap Phil and Teds when the eldest was walking so much more than in the pushchair... but the Nipper was fantastically light and smooth to push and really good in terms of places to store things in it.

MotherOfInsomniacToddlers Tue 11-Nov-14 19:47:11

Not a side by side cosatto, useless and difficult to steer.
I have a side by side which is nicer for the kids but a bugger use in shops and crowded areas. I also have a phil and teds vibe which is easier to push but the child in the back can get a but bored. Easier for buses though!
I had a 15 month age gap and used both a lot, it was good to have the choice, different ones worked better in different situations. But I do hate the cosatto to steer, I'd sell it but I'm too embarrassed about how shit it is!!
Between dc2 and dc3 there will be 2.5 years so I think ill only use the phil and teds as dc2 will only go in when he's tired of walking so I don't feel so bad if he's bored iyswim

Tiggywunkle Wed 12-Nov-14 21:44:27

iCandy Peach Blossom 2 or 3, Bugaboo Donkey, Out n About Nipper double V3, or consider a Babystyle Oyster Max with a carrycot, and get the new fully reclining double seat once it goes into production.

rocketjam Wed 12-Nov-14 21:51:58

I am a child-minder and have been through my fair share of doubles, and the nipper 360 is my absolute favourite. I've had mine for 7 years (not a joke - it's the one I used for my kids and they are now 7 and 9). I use it five days a week and it's easy to push, you can push it with one finger with two toddlers sitting in it. It's wide, so it depends on space,, car, etc.

thejoysofboys Wed 12-Nov-14 21:57:26

There's 18m between my two and I loved my Phil & Teds Verve. I hardly used the car when they were tiny as it was just too much hassle to get everyone safely in/out and fastened then into the pram at the other end etc.
A side-by-side wouldn't have fitted on the narrow pavements where we live or in the small aisles of our local shop which was a big plus point for the tandem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now