Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Best single buggy suitable for a 2yo and 3.5yo?

(8 Posts)
eversomuch Tue 04-Nov-14 22:11:24

After several years of reliable service, our Bugaboo Cameleon seems to be on its last legs. I'd really like to downsize to something that meets the following criteria:

- Can comfortably fit my 2yo or my 3.5yo (older child still gets very tired at times and wants the buggy -- while the younger one usually prefers to walk)

- Doesn't cost a fortune

- Reclines for naps

- Good shopping basket space

- Compatible with a Lascal buggy board (should be most pushchairs, I think)

- Compact enough for public transport

We don't have a car so don't really need to think about car-related stuff.

Any suggestions from the experts would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!

eversomuch Wed 05-Nov-14 14:00:31

Anyone?

lentilpot Wed 05-Nov-14 14:03:26

Baby jogger city mini? Or I'm sure ihateparties will be along soon to recommend the red kite zumi! grin

Ihateparties Wed 05-Nov-14 16:07:41

Ha, yes this was my exact use for the red kite zumi, it does work, it's not amazing with a buggyboard (ie not as good as a reversible seat pushchair) but it's okay. I had a bjcmgt with a board, which I really didn't get on with that very well at all, the normal city mini is very awkward with a board. Do able but not much fun if you want to use it often.

I found it quite hard to find something fairly compact when open (also wasn't bothered about the car or folded size particularly) but robust enough to take a board and still easy enough to push and steer. I had a britax b motion with a board for quite a while too. That was alright, bit heavy to turn though.

kernewek79 Thu 06-Nov-14 15:11:30

Have a look at the new Out n About Little Nipper. It has the higher weight capacity to accommodate the older child. Not too pricey either

eversomuch Tue 11-Nov-14 21:14:31

Thanks. will take a look at these. Right now using our britax b-dual in single mode when needed but that buggy is a beast I've never loved.

Tiggywunkle Wed 12-Nov-14 21:47:07

A new Oyster 2 - and get the air tyres for it given you walk loads. I would sell your Lascal board and get an Oyster Ride on board smile
The board folds up when not needed really neatly. The handle will push in on public transport. The new Oyster 2 seat is huge (better than the old Oyster seat).

BikeRunSki Wed 12-Nov-14 22:14:28

Baby Jogger City Mini!!! Best buggy for public transport ever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now