Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Sort of pram shopping

(19 Posts)
IAmACircle Mon 03-Nov-14 15:27:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BumGravy Mon 03-Nov-14 15:32:14

An older style Bugaboo Bee from eBay might be ok?

RiverTam Mon 03-Nov-14 15:33:51

I'm not sure this will tick all your boxes, but I had a Bugaboo Bee which

has rear and forward facing
light and easy to push
it's also quite narrow and nippy so good if you're in a city/town and using public transport
I think it's one fold
it has a single handle to easy to push with one hand whilst holding onto toddler with the other
I believe you can have a buggy board with it

the main thing it doesn't have is a great basket, but I used to buy cheap clips from Mothercare or JL and hang my shopping from the sides of the handle no probs.

You can quite often get them second hand (ours went to the skip after going mouldy in the shed, sorry!) but even if you get it new, it'll have good resale value (as long as you don't lt it get mouldy in your shed...).

IAmACircle Mon 03-Nov-14 15:46:29

IAmACircle Mon 03-Nov-14 17:26:11

MrsRaegan Mon 03-Nov-14 17:35:58

Sorry to derail your thread. What do you think of the Armadillo OP? I was looking at buying one for my 16 month old.

Lagoonablue Mon 03-Nov-14 17:37:40

M and P Sola. I loved mine.

RiverTam Mon 03-Nov-14 17:39:42

well, we used our Bee up to aged nearly 4 (not much after about 3.5 really) and never had any probs with it, it was sturdy enough for us, but we are in the city and DD is quite a slight child.

We didn't buy it though, PILs got it for us grin.

IAmACircle Mon 03-Nov-14 18:48:50

IAmACircle Mon 03-Nov-14 18:50:15

MrsRaegan Mon 03-Nov-14 21:39:19

I wish, central Scotland here. There's never anything decent on Ebay or Gumtree. Having to buy new to get a decent buggy which is frustrating and also the reason I want one that will do us till he doesn't need it anymore.

nwilson12 Mon 03-Nov-14 22:35:54

Mrs I'm in Scotland (Fife) and there are a few Facebook pushchair pages.
Imacircle I have a bee+ and it's fine for if you live somewhere with flat surfaces. I find it useless on grass and uneven pavements. I also have a baby jogger city versa which fits your requirements apart from being light. It does feel light to push though, I do it one handed whilst holding toddler and dog. Very flat fold, large basket and can get for around £170 secondhand. Although Im about to sell both pushchairs as i have treated myself to the new Easywalker mosey which looks like its a combination of the two and on paper is my perfect pushchair. Other one that gets good reviews is Joie chrome.

Have you looked on bestbuggy.co.uk to see their reviews and comparisons of pushchairs?

IAmACircle Mon 03-Nov-14 22:51:28

TakingTheStairs Mon 03-Nov-14 23:00:18

I have a bee for traveling and as nwilson12 said above, it's only good on flat surfaces. Rubbish on grass/ muddy paths/uneven ground
I would have been very disappointed if I'd bought it as my main buggy.

TakingTheStairs Mon 03-Nov-14 23:01:23

Though I do have the bugaboo buffalo which ticks all your boxes and I adore. Expensive though! (We luckily were given it as a present)

Ihateparties Tue 04-Nov-14 12:08:31

The chrome is great and has been on offer a lot, I think it's really good value. Mothercare have them on the shop floor so should be easy to go and see. The oyster 2 is also pretty good I think and the armadillo flip looks interesting too. I would be buying a mosey like nwilson if I had any sort of excuse, if it lives up to expectations it should be a great combination of compact, robust and easy to use.

IAmACircle Tue 04-Nov-14 13:49:42

littlesupersparks Tue 04-Nov-14 13:56:04

I liked my Sola it lasted pretty well for our two boys. It doesn't fold as one piece when parent facing but does the other way.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Tue 04-Nov-14 14:02:59

I have an Easywalker Mini and love it!! Compact fold, rear facing, light to push, decent sized seat.

The basket is pretty small but big enough to fit the raincover in and the hood isn't the biggest but I have been spoilt by the baby jogger hood grin. I find it a lot sturdier than the bee+. I'm not sure what the minimum age is for the seat unit but (IMO) it lays as flat as the bee seat. You can get a carrycot or there are various newborn inserts on the market to make it suitable for a newborn.

I paid £200 posted for a new one on eBay.

The only way I'd get rid of it would be if I upgraded to the Mosey gringrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now