Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Icandy or silver cross?

(5 Posts)
Chocolatecakefan Fri 31-Oct-14 20:51:09

I'm expecting our first baby, and I've been researching prams. Unfortunately I know Nothing about babies so I really don't know what I'm looking for!!

I like the look of either the silver cross surf or the icandy peach. What would you recommend? I want something parent facing, which is equally suitable for urban pavements but also for who I take our dogs on a walk to the local field and/or playground which has a gravel base.

I'm erring towards the silver cross, what do you think?

NishyM Mon 03-Nov-14 07:52:38

I don't have one myself but two of my friends have an ICandy peach and they both love it, it is parent and front facing and moves really nicely when you push it.

3pigsinblanketsandasausagerole Mon 03-Nov-14 07:56:19

I wouldn't have thought surf was very good for walkinh through fields

LiveInABox Mon 03-Nov-14 08:02:16

I have an icandy peach, and I love it. However it is really heavy and is hard work to push on gravel/grass! My advice would be to go somewhere like John Lewis and have a go at pushing lots of prams! I think if you'll be doing lots of grass/field walking you'd be better with a 3wheeler.

KraggleLego Mon 03-Nov-14 08:10:45

I have a silver cross surf and it is lovely to push, really light and you can use one hand to do it. It also looks fabulous I get complimented on it a lot. However I really wouldn't recommend it for field walking unless you go for the big wheel attachment for the front. It is also not exactly small when you fold it down, so you will need a big car boot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now