Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Could I manage with just a stroller?

(5 Posts)
WhizzPopBang Sun 26-Oct-14 21:15:32

DD is 13m, we live in London with no car so lots of public transport. We have a BJCM which is fab but it's the 4 wheel version which is heavier than the 3 wheeler and we have a LOT of stairs to climb to our flat! Not sure whether to get a BJ City Lite so we'd still have something spacious and solid with a usable basket, or get a fully reclining stroller eg Maclaren Quest Sport or Uppababy G-Luxe. Would I miss having a "proper" buggy? It's getting a bit much lugging madam in her chariot up and down the stairs at the tube!

Ihateparties Sun 26-Oct-14 22:11:45

I don't think you'd miss having a proper buggy in the circumstances you describe. I'd probably go for a babyzen yoyo or a recaro easylife though.. Something like that rather than an actual stroller. I have irrational stroller hate though. grin

WhizzPopBang Tue 28-Oct-14 09:08:53

I'd love a yoyo! Bit out my price range for now though... Think £200 will be my limit. I know what you mean about strollers, I'd definitely prefer a v lightweight buggy, but there always seems to be a compromise - the recline, the hood or something!

Have you tried a Recaro Easylife? They look ok...

Ihateparties Tue 28-Oct-14 11:24:50

No, only in a shop. Very light, I wasn't too sure on the wheels but it seems to do the big/small thing very well.

I've got a red kite zumi, which does everything I want, the downside is the fabric is weirdly shiny, see through and looks cheap. But hey, it was cheap. I also have a babyhome emotion, which is brilliant to push, fold and lift but it's very exposed so less ideal for winter, plus mine is ancient and finally feeling the effects of 4.5yrs of use.

I haven't actually seen one as our local shop closed but I would consider a m&p armadillo city too, small, big seat, big hood, narrow, small fold.

AsAMan Sun 02-Nov-14 18:10:58

Would you consider getting a buckle carrier (toddler sized). You dd will be able to hold her own walking soon if she gets a bit of practice but then you could carrier when it got too much. I can#t be dealing with prams in London!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now