Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Has anyone used Baby Travel Ltd?

(19 Posts)
kimb0 Fri 22-Aug-14 17:46:44

I've been comparing prices for the Graco Evo travel system and the best price I can find is £300 on Baby Travel Ltd (vs £430 from Kiddicare) but I'm a bit wary of making such important purchases from small companies so I was wondering if anyone had any experience of them or similar small websites?

baby-travel.uk.com/products/graco-evo-travel-system-sungsafe-carseat-slate

They also sell via Amazon which is £350 but might be a safer option...

Squtternutbaush Sat 23-Aug-14 14:25:25

Haven't used that company and would probably be wary too but I have used precious little one.com loads of times with great customer service and prices.

They have it in slate or navy for £329. Sorry can't link on phone though

Squtternutbaush Sat 23-Aug-14 14:30:23

Price match policy here

Figured out how to link! If its the slate that you're after they will price match plus 10% of difference.

kimb0 Tue 26-Aug-14 22:54:04

Thanks for the info!

Ursybr Thu 25-Jun-15 21:12:47

Hi

Do not use this company the are terrible. We bought a pram from them. It arrived faulty. They were unhelpful, frustrating evasive. We have ended up going to trading standards and to court with this company.

Use any other company. They are small with lots of outstanding debts check company house.

Best of luck in finding products but never use baby travel save yourself time and grief.

ST888 Sun 06-Dec-15 23:12:25

Picking up on this old thread. But we recently made an order through Baby Travel Ltd which simply did not arrive.

We tried to query with them but they just said it was an issue with the delivery company and they would 'investigate'. It's now been 6weeks since we should have received and still no word or product.

Do yourself a favour and don't buy from this company.

JoannaN Wed 30-Dec-15 17:39:36

I bought a universal raincover for my nipper single from baby travel and it arrived not as described and fell apart in my hands. I emailed them but they're not interested in any of my concerns and just basically said it's not their problem! I knew I shouldn't have bought from them and so will be going to Out and about direct like I should've in the first place. Please don't use this company if you want quality products and decent customer service.

kayleelouise Mon 29-Feb-16 09:56:06

Yes i have and i wish i never.. did nothin but take my money £90 of it, didnt send items. When i called to ask why the man i spoke to was so rude to me it was unreal. When i spoke back in the same manor he cancelled my order.. my partner then tried ordering they done the same thing. Took his money and didnt send item. When i called again the same man cancelled my order again.. no refund email nothing.. still £90 down and no items... dpd have emailed saying the items have been delayed so they havnt.been sent out at all.. absolute scamming arseholes!! NEVER EVER shop with babytravel uk or bargains 4babies!!!

dreamydaniel888 Thu 09-Jun-16 22:30:58

Do not buy a thing from these chancers!

We bought a travel high chair (the kind that clips onto a table). 8 days after the 6 month guarantee expired, it failed catastrophically and the fabric seat sheared away. We were lucky, our less than 9kg LO wasn't hurt but it could have been a tragic accident.

I contacted BabyTravel and asked for a full refund and for the product to be recalled. Their response was a complete joke. They weren't prepared to issue a full refund as the 6 month warranty had expired. Instead, they offered to replace the fabric cover but if we wanted it in the same colour as our original purchase (black) then we had to pay the full price of a replacement fabric cover plus £4.95 in postage costs!!!! If we accepted a replacement in another colour we still had to pay for postage!!!

I told them they could keep their shoddy product and their shoddy customer service! What a con! Any decent retailer would have issued a full refund no questions asked given the nature of the complaint.

I hope karma bites them on the bum and they go out of business.

Standring Sun 14-Aug-16 21:49:43

Ive recently just bought a pram from baby travel and would defo not recommend using this company. I got my pram broken and they did nothing but try fob me off i had to send it back at my own cost several times because they either didnt replace it and just returned the exact broken item or sent me another which was also faulty. When it came to me stating i wanted a full refund as the product was brand new unused etc they told me if i didnt have original packaging (which some i had used to return faulty parts etc) they would have the pram valued as a second hand pram and refund me its worth!! It took me several months to have thos rectified.

I will never use this company again nor will i advise anyone else to either

MariaMcGrath87 Wed 17-Aug-16 14:45:25

I ordered a buggy from them and it arrived in perfect condition, super speedy service and have no complaints.

yas212 Wed 24-Aug-16 19:31:13

Ha, so much for their 6-12 hour dispatch. I've been waiting 3 days now, I have a tracking number but DPD haven't received anything from them. I needed two buggies for holiday tomorrow!! Luckily I reserved two silver cross strollers from a boots nearby as a backup plan.

Madmazz1 Mon 16-Jan-17 09:29:11

Yes I've used Baby Travel. They're brilliant, good prices ,fast delivery. Recommend them.

hazelm4664 Sun 12-Feb-17 11:41:15

I read the reviews and was a bit wary of using baby travel Ltd. I had to use them as I wanted a travel cot that was £10.00 cheaper than on any other site. I ordered the cot on Tuesday about 3pm and it was delivered at 1pm the next day. The travel cot is beautiful and my Daughter was very pleased that it came with a mattress. I would definitely shop there again.

Leggit Sun 12-Feb-17 11:50:00

.uk.com

AVOID

Mummyofnandd Sat 20-May-17 21:25:19

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Absolute charlatans.

Product broke within 2 weeks. Refused to offer a refund. Awful customer service. Awful awful company

fhc27 Thu 25-May-17 13:58:31

Do not buy from Baby Travel Ltd!!!

I was extremely disappointed with my purchase and the customer service from this company.

I ordered a travel cot to be delivered in time for my holiday home to the UK from Hong Kong. Firstly the cot that was delivered was a return / second item. It was completely broken. On the box was written 'return forced,' so it was clearly a rejected item. It also contained the address of the person it had previously been delivered to which was extremely negligent.

The company agreed to send another cot. This one was also broken - the base would not click into place (incidentally this was also the problem with the first damaged cot). We sent the company a video of myself and my father trying to assembly the cot, in the correct manner and they then wanted us to send it back for 'inspection.' I paid £20 for delivery and the company initially insisted that I paid to return it. They only agreed to pick it up once I got my father involved.

We then received what the company called a 'report' saying that we'd broken the cot in assembly. Firstly, it was not a report - it was a one Line statement saying we'd broken it, with no evidence to suggest that. Secondly, there is no way we could have broken the cot in assembly!! Given that the first cot was also broken, it suggests a serious design fault. They also said that we'd not sent the mattress back. However it was agreed with the company that we wouldn't, as we assumed we would receive a new cot.

Do not buy from this company. The cots are poor quality and clearly break easily. They send out damaged and broken cots and then refuse to accept liability, rather they accuse the customer. This whole process has taken two months. If I had broken the cot there is no way I would have spent this much time and effort to get my money back.

MuncheysMummy Mon 12-Jun-17 22:15:48

I just bought an isafe Saul pic shchair from this company the service and delivery were super fast and the buggy itself is fantastic! Literally cannot fault it cannot believe how good it is for the price it pushes as well as my iCandy Peach which cost roughly £800 more!

MuncheysMummy Mon 12-Jun-17 22:16:08

*isafe Sail pushchair

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now