Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Question to those with city select bassinet

(4 Posts)
Wiggy29 Fri 04-Apr-14 20:10:52

Do you think it would be realistic to fit two newborn twins in (either snuggled together or one at each end)? The average birth weight for a twin is 5.5lbs. If so, how long do you think they would fit in for?

I'm asking as we bought the select as we knew we would have two close together but found out that we're expecting twins (we have a 13 month old who will be 18 months when they're born). I know I'll need another solution in the longer term (sling/ buggy board etc) but thought even if this would work for the first couple of months it would be a great help to increase my chances of ever leaving the house!

EntWife Fri 04-Apr-14 22:39:09

It might work for a little while. The bassinet is roughly the same size as a moses basket length and I think only slightly narrower.

EntWife Fri 04-Apr-14 22:40:39

Sorry, hit post too soon.

I wouldn't think you would be able to get away with it beyond about 6 weeks.

Wiggy29 Fri 04-Apr-14 23:06:34

Ah okay, thank you. Doubt I'll even be able to leave house in first month as hoping to bf!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now