Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Stroller for travel

(12 Posts)
capet Tue 01-Apr-14 13:51:49

Hi,
Considering buying compact stroller for travelling.
I have an uppababy vista but don't want to get it damaged, also think it might be a bit bulky for travelling so thinking about buying a stroller.
My baby will be 7 months old when travelling, and for this trip we are just going short haul but hopefully will be going farther afield too in the future!
So it has to recline for naps and have a decent sunshade.
I'd rather not spend a lot of money maybe 200 pounds, will still generally use the uppababy at home and this second stroller will just be for travel/grandparents at home etc.

Was just looking at mountain buggy nano there, not sure about it but would appreciate any suggestions.

woodlandwanderwoman Tue 01-Apr-14 13:54:23

Maclaren Quest, hands down.

It's actually funny when you're travelling in Europe, everyone has one (hence the huge choice of designs) and even the taxi drivers, airline and hotel staff all know how to collapse them!

Have a great trip.

capet Tue 01-Apr-14 14:03:49

Thanks for that, off to google it now!

capet Tue 01-Apr-14 22:34:02

The quest looks good, any opinions on uppababy g luxe? It seems similar but maybe has better canopy/sun shade. Any opinions g luxe vs quest?
Going to try to find somewhere that stocks them to compare but anyone out there have an opinion?

AuditAngel Tue 01-Apr-14 22:37:26

I have a M&P Frankie. I love the way it looks, but I think the Maclaren's are sturdier

outofmylittletree Wed 02-Apr-14 14:15:58

I looked the other day, I found the uppababy nice and light and seems a lovely push and quality of fabrics, however, I couldn't fold/unfold it...but I was on my own trying to do it, without a shop assistant. A maclaren was pretty straightforward. Have a look at the babyzen yoyo, you can put that in overhead lockers too.

capet Wed 02-Apr-14 15:50:39

Have had quick look at maclaren an it looks good, sturdy.
Only had quick look as baby was roaring at time.
Haven't seen m and p frankie? Is a kato similar? It looks good too but maybe more flimsy?
And yeah I think the uppababy might be harder to fold- it takes two hands whereas maclaren can be folded one handed?
It stands on it's own when folded though, which at the minute I think sounds great bit maybe if actually using it I wouldn't care about that and would prefer one handed fold!

Also thinking about holidays and the great sunshade on the uppababy vs flimsy parasol on the others??

snickers251 Wed 02-Apr-14 16:08:47

I second maclaren (although ours is an old tecno xt)

It's taken daily use for 2dc and it's coming with us for its 3rd trip abroad this summer. It's so sturdy even now

I wouldn't say its one of the smallest folding ones but its light, easy to fold and has a shade and then also unzips and covers baby even more which I didn't discover until I was cleaning it recently lol

Helgathehairy Wed 02-Apr-14 20:33:08

I have an uppababy g-luxe. I haven't used it much yet, we're going to New York next month when DD will be 9 months. Our main requirements were light and doesn't take up much space both of which it fulfils.

It does take two hands to fold but is quick and easy to do. The recline on mine is by a drawstring which might be awkward but I bought mine discounted and I've read the newer models have a handle which is handier.

The basket is tiny and awkward to get to as well.

For ease of use though it's great, very light and manoeuvrable.

woodlandwanderwoman Thu 03-Apr-14 12:46:14

You're overthinking it a bit grin!! Honestly MacLaren is great as evidenced by the thousands of families who carry them through airports. It sounds like you're not sure though so the best thing you can do is go and test them out. Enjoy!

capet Thu 03-Apr-14 15:17:43

Ha! Yeah I know I am def over thinking this! They all do the same thing! Will have a look in real life!
Thanks for all the advice!

Nicplus2 Sat 05-Apr-14 21:07:48

Zeta vooom hands down, google it and read the reviews its fab.
I was dubious as its a cheaper, not well known brand but thought for the price id take a chance n not looked back , its sturdy and very well made got a lovely huge hood for sun and a nice clip on raincover.

Ive had a fair few buggies and not being a buggy fan anyway but my dd1 is 2.5 so a buggys all i need, and i can not fault this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now