Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Does anyone have a super tall massive toddler? What pushchair do you have?

(7 Posts)
Fairylea Tue 18-Mar-14 13:45:22

Could do with some help really. Ds is 19 months and the size and height of the average 3 and a half year old (in age 3 clothes, size 8 feet).

Up until about 6 months ago ds was quite happy in his silver cross linear freeway, however he then started walking and the suspension went on the freeway so I brought an o baby atlas thinking this would be easy to steer with one hand and hold ds piddling along with the reins in the other.

However we are now struggling as he's grown so much and he does like / need to sit in the pushchair sometimes as we live quite rurally (south norfolk) and do a lot of walking and the o baby is just way too small. I have to have the leg rest up permanently otherwise his feet scrape on the floor! (hang way over the foot rest).

He isn't comfy. I've toyed with the idea of repairing the silver cross at a cost of £50 but one of the reasons I hated it was it took up so much room in the car and was so heavy.

So I wondered if anyone had any suggestions ... I can't be doing away with a buggy yet and I need something that is both a proper pushchair and yet easy enough to move about one handed.

For a giant!

Thanks.

Fairylea Tue 18-Mar-14 18:57:30

Shameless bump for evening crowd.

MaccaPaccaismyNemesis Tue 18-Mar-14 19:01:04

Have heard the bjcm is great for taller toddlers- my sister has one and loves it though her son is quite short!

calilark Tue 18-Mar-14 19:01:45

I don't have a toddler, but I do have a Baby Jogger City Mini GT for my 7 month old - size wise it's had a 4 year old sat in it comfortably. it is easy to steer with one hand, has one-handed fold and is much lighter than other things we tried. The GT has the bigger/taller seat than the standard model.

juneau Tue 18-Mar-14 19:04:05

I have a tall toddler and I have a very basic McLaren push chair called a Volo. Its designed with the older child in mind, so no bells and whistles, just a basic, lightweight buggy, easy to steer, small basket underneath. My friend, who has a long walk to school with her 3-year-old, has a McLaren Quest and it's lasted ages.

ButterflyInReverse Tue 18-Mar-14 19:04:17

My almost three year old has loads of room left in the Stokke Xplory and it is so easy to push one handed (especially now we are mostly into doubles!)

Fairylea Tue 18-Mar-14 19:43:09

Thank you very much for the suggestions.

I will go and Google them now and have a look on ebay for bargains as well.

I find it really odd now that a lot of the pushchairs seem to be trying to be smaller and smaller now! When dd was little (I have nearly 11 years between my babies) I found it easy to look for larger buggies etc.

Oh well at least I have some things to go for. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now