Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

ABC Double triple pushchair

(7 Posts)
3adele3 Thu 06-Mar-14 13:29:13

Hi,

I have recently had triplets and I am looking for a good pushchair. I am currently stuck in the house as it is difficult to get out with all three of them without a pushchair. I have heard the ABC Everest pushchair is good. Is anyone selling one or know of any other pushchairs that I could purchase?

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Thu 06-Mar-14 17:45:18

I no longer have one but wanted to say that the ABC brand is fantastic and would highly recommend it to anyone needing to transport three children.

More than happy to help answer any questions you might have...I am a self-confessed ABC nerd!!

3adele3 Thu 06-Mar-14 18:57:06

Did you get the double triple one?

On some of the reviews I had read it says its very long when folded and so was difficult to get in the car. Did you find this was the case? Also is it hard to see with the recliner seat on top?

Sorry about all the questions.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Thu 06-Mar-14 19:09:02

I had a single buggy with various extra seats.

It is long when folded but the single, plus extra seats, fitted in the boot of my zafira (when the boot seats were down). Ime, anything bigger than a single stroller, is a pain to get in and out of a car boot I wouldn't say the ABC was any harder than many other singles or doubles.

You can get a reclining double seat to fit on top of the single buggy or 2 single reclining seats, one on the front (rear-facing) and one on the top.

I'm about 5'6" and could see over the top...was easier to see if the hood was pushed back.

3adele3 Thu 06-Mar-14 19:22:29

thank you very much. The advice has been very helpful

KateShmate Thu 06-Mar-14 19:23:23

Hi OP smile
I had the ABC triple for my triplets, they're 4.5 now but it was absolutely the best thing we had. We tried so many different triple buggies, but they were all too heavy, too long, too wide etc - the ABC was just perfect because often I did take just 2 of mine out or something? And being able to take all 3 out in a buggy that was only the size of a double was brilliant!
I honestly can't think of any negative points - although I have to say that our triplets were around 9 months when we bought the buggy, so we never used it with 3 newborns.
I found the turning circle brilliant - because of the lovely big wheels (which, I must add, should be filled with that green goo stuff as soon as you buy one, as being stuck with 3 children who can't walk isn't fun..) it steers really easily, even when you have 3 toddlers on board.
The top seat is lovely for your DTrips to take in turns - they love being so high up and close to you. Even with normal rear-facing buggies, I always felt they were too low down to be able to chat to etc, but the top seat is a great height!
I can't comment on either of your questions really as we've got a huge car so was never a problem, and I'm 5"10 so could see over the top seat fine.
Hope everything is going okay so far with your 3 little ones, feel free to PM me any time - I know how hard it can be! smile

3adele3 Thu 06-Mar-14 19:33:35

oo thank you. i will pm you too.. may need some advice :-D

Did you have the double triple pushchair or the single one too?

im 5'9 so hopefully that would be ok. Just the car which could be the problem now, but we are looking to get a bigger car too anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now