Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Double for 1 year old and newborn

(7 Posts)
gosportmummy Tue 04-Mar-14 10:13:25

My son is only 16 weeks and we are expecting again! Selling our icandy peach to buy a compact side by side double. We're looking at:

Britax b agile double
Mountain buggy double
Baby jogger city double

Would really love to find one that fits maxi cosi car seat but so far only the mountain buggy does! Heard that you can use oyster car seat adaptors on the britax to fix the maxi cosi to it-has anyone done this and is it safe?! Thanks

Artandco Tue 04-Mar-14 10:17:53

Can't you just get the double adapters for the peach? Prob the easiest and most compact

gosportmummy Tue 04-Mar-14 10:19:05

We have an older style peach as we bought second hand-icandy tell me they no longer sell the adaptors. Because of closeness on age would like our two to be side by sidesmile

Artandco Tue 04-Mar-14 10:24:47

Ah ok. You could get on eBay if you wanted still. It's just you said compact and no side by side is compact.

We have roughly same age gap and actually never had double, just slinged baby, eldest in pram, then youngest in pram and elder on buggy board. Would this be an option? Nap at home at lunch

Otherwise the nipper v3 twin is the easiest I have ever pushed.

glenthebattleostrich Tue 04-Mar-14 10:29:19

The britax is big and not very nice to use.

The baby jogger is pretty nice to use.

My favourite double is the babystyle oyster. Its a tandem but both children have a good view. It is lovely and I almost considered having another baby so I could keep one!

ShoeWhore Tue 04-Mar-14 10:32:43

I have a similar age gap and there was a time when side by side would have been a nightmare - older dc would have regularly (not deliberately) lamped the baby.

We had a P&T.

Tiggywunkle Wed 05-Mar-14 22:50:37

Honestly whilst you are in car seat mode, stick with your Peach and if you really want a side by side, then get one either to use when you dont want to use the car seat, or when you have finished car seat mode. The Mountain Buggy with a car seat is really not great. Its large folded. The adaptor takes a bit of fitting. It can only be used for something like 9 months out of a possible say 18 months anyway because the weight limit is low. If you really want a car seat maybe look at a TFK, but honestly the tandems are better for car seats than a side by side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now