Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

baby jogger type that is buggy board compatible in carry cot mode

(6 Posts)
blushingmare Sun 02-Mar-14 18:19:06

So after getting lots of helpful advice on here, I had thought I was going to go for a BJCM double, but then I wondered if I would get away with selling my Maclaren and buying a second hand BJCM single and fitting a buggy board. Was all enthusiastic about this plan until I realised that you can't use a buggy board with it with the carry cot attached sad

I was in John Lewis and it seemed like all the Baby Jogger type buggies have this issue - or there any that don't?

Anyone have a recommendation for something that would work with a buggy board? It would mostly be for nipping around town - lightweight and easy and compact fold are priorities, but also I like the BJCM GT because I could take it more off road on occasion.

Ihateparties Sun 02-Mar-14 19:27:32

If you remove the seat fabrics you can use them with a board can't you? I can see why having the fabrics on fully reclined would make it very difficult....

blushingmare Sun 02-Mar-14 19:45:56

I hadn't even thought of that! Although not sure if that would work for us, because what I want is a buggy that will be for the newborn most of the time, but I could have DD in for a nap for an hour or so whilst popping the baby in the sling if we were out all day and removing the seat fabrics I assume would be more faffy than changing the carry cot. Will investigate though thanks.

I think I'm probably going to end up going back to my double option, but just wanted to see if this idea of a single would work in any way!

Ihateparties Sun 02-Mar-14 19:50:17

It might, maybe just not this one. The graco evo I think would be really good for swapping children round, the reviews are all pretty positive.

Artandco Tue 04-Mar-14 16:08:35

You can do this with a bugaboo bee, as rear facing so head away from board end

Tiggywunkle Wed 05-Mar-14 23:39:22

The Baby Jogger Versa works well with the board when the seat is parent facing. The Babystyle Oyster Max may give you the best of both worlds though - a great board option, but also a tandem option?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now