Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

An 'allrounder' recommendation please?

(10 Posts)
AuntieMaggie Sun 02-Mar-14 13:01:15

Expecting my first baby in July and I am getting so confused and frustrated looking at all of the options available.

I want a pushchair that I can use if I'm going shopping, in the car and also on walks on uneven pavements/grass...

I'd also like to use it with the carseat and a carrycot if possible... any recommendations?

TribbleWithoutATardis Sun 02-Mar-14 20:16:54

Are you bothered by rear facing? My first thought would be a 360 nipper. The new versions have a carry cot and car seat adapters.

cogitosum Sun 02-Mar-14 20:19:09

Uppababy vista. I use loads of public transport and can get on and off trains buses etc easily. Can also get into boot with no effort but can walk across fields and the turn is incredible. I can easily push one handed.

cogitosum Sun 02-Mar-14 20:19:48

And can use with maxicosi carseat

Ijustworemytrenchcoat Mon 03-Mar-14 15:53:16

I'll be quick because I keep losing my post:

The Baby Jogger Versa looks brilliant - very quick easy fold, carrycot and car seat adapters available, seat from 6mo this can be used either way and there is a GT version available if you want to use it on rougher ground. It's also a bit narrower than the other baby joggers, but not very narrow if that is important.

The icandy raspberry isn't out yet but will do all the above in a more compact package (as will the bugaboo bee) so it may be longer lasting in you won't want to swap to a smaller buggy quicker.

I've also heard good things about the icandy cherry, britax affinity and babystyle oyster gem.

Check out this fab site and try the pram out in person to see the fold, if you can lift it easily. Think about how you'll use it. With my pram if you have it parent facing you have to take the seat off to fold which is a bit annoying.

Good luck.

AuntieMaggie Mon 03-Mar-14 18:46:09

Thanks ladies - i'll have a look at them

Madamecastafiore Mon 03-Mar-14 18:47:01

Uppababy Vista. Is dogs wotsits.

MiaowTheCat Tue 04-Mar-14 08:55:19

Nipper's fab if you want a nice push over uneven terrain (so the pavements around here!)

justabigdisco Tue 04-Mar-14 09:04:08

Uppababy vista. Other pushchairs have not so much as turned my head. I love it for all the reasons you state, and if it died tomorrow I would go straight out and buy another.

Tiggywunkle Wed 05-Mar-14 22:53:12

For all round everything my best recommendations are the iCandy Peach and Peach Jogger, the Easywalker Mini, the Uppababy Vista, the Babystyle Oyster2 (maybe with rear air tyres), the Bugaboo Cameleon and Buffalo, Baby Jogger Versa (and GT) and Britax Affinity. All are very good. The new Silver Cross Pioneer looks promising too, as does the Easywalker Mosey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now