Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

travelling with pram/pushchairs

(13 Posts)
mummytobejuly2014 Sun 02-Mar-14 10:27:11

do airlines charge you to bring car seat & or prams/pushchairs for going in the hold? we will prob travel with easyjet mostly & just wondered what costs are involved if we bring them.it will be a maxi cosi pebble & a silver cross wayfayer while they are littleI

Rockchick1984 Sun 02-Mar-14 22:57:32

Depends on the airline, you need to check their websites.

girlywhirly Mon 03-Mar-14 09:28:58

I think you can bring a carseat and a buggy free for an infant, but they get no baggage allowance unless you pay. If the wayfarer has a carrycot, you will have to pay extra I think, but if it's just the pushchair and seat you won't. You may need to check if they only allow pushchairs that fold in one piece to be taken to the gate, although at Luton I've seen 2 part pushchairs go through, but every airport is different. Think the carseat will need to go in the hold at check in. Once you know you can organise suitable wrapping/bags to protect them.

FlamingGallah Mon 03-Mar-14 14:52:32

Agree with Rockchick, it varies so check the airline. The airlines we've gone with have let you take a pram or a car seat for an infant, and they've also been given eg a 10kg baggage allowance free.

KatAndKit Mon 03-Mar-14 16:07:28

When I have flown with easy jet they have allowed 2 baby items free (buggy and car seat, could check in a travel cot instead i think) but no luggage and no hand baggage for the baby. So essentially your change bag is your carry on bag. A one piece fold buggy can go up to the gate, but you won't usually get it back until baggage reclaim so take a sling too.

KatAndKit Mon 03-Mar-14 16:08:56

I would advise buying a cheaper holiday buggy rather than taking a wayfarer on a plane.

mummytobejuly2014 Mon 03-Mar-14 17:00:01

the wayfayer would be with carrycot for little one to sleep in at the other side. I hate the idea of the stuff getting wrecked tho :s

KatAndKit Mon 03-Mar-14 21:21:13

Look into the koodi pop up cots and Moses baskets they are great for holidays. Hardly take up any room at all when packed.

mummytobejuly2014 Tue 18-Mar-14 08:57:07

any ideas for a relatively cheap parent facing one piece fold to travel with that doesnt cost too much? preferably 4wheeler not 3?

Louisasb Wed 19-Mar-14 14:50:59

Petite star njoy bubble

poocatcherchampion Fri 28-Mar-14 21:46:47

we took an oyster plus carrycot on a plane for the baby to sleep in at the other end and it was fine. and great!

poocatcherchampion Fri 28-Mar-14 21:47:01

took it as far ax plane

Tiggywunkle Sat 29-Mar-14 21:01:53

I wouldn't be taking a decent pushchair onto a plane. I think buying something less vulnerable is a sensible decision. I have watched too many pushchairs being dropped off planes several feet down to the tarmac, and then suitcases piled on top. There aren't many cheap parent facing pushchairs though. I suspect I would take a Zapp Xtra 2 or the Bubble if parent facing is that important to you. Given you were considering a carrycot, I would maybe consider a cheap second hand Baby Jogger City Mini 4 or B-Agile with a carrycot on. If you sell it on your return you shouldnt lose too much on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now