Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Difference between BJCM & GT

(9 Posts)
blushingmare Sat 01-Mar-14 07:00:21

I know the Baby Jogger GT is for all terrain, but what difference does this make to the size? (I haven't had a chance to compare them in person yet). Does it make it very much bulkier in the fold? Is it any more cumbersome to push? If I don't get the GT, how would the city mini cope with occasional off road use (talking bumpy tracks, not pushing it across fields).

Mostly this will be used for in town and I want something that folds as small as possible, but it would be good to have the option of being able to take it on non tarmaced surfaces from time to time and don't know if therefore the GT would be better.

BikeRunSki Sat 01-Mar-14 07:46:04

The GT is a fair bit bulkier, I think it may also be taller, but I might be completely wrong there. For occasional bumpy tracks, the bjcm will be fine.

Ihateparties Sat 01-Mar-14 09:51:09

I think it's better, the handle is better, the wheels are so much better it's miles better to push day to day, even with a heavy child. I've only had a regular city mini in double format so I'm not exactly sure on comparative size, I had thought it was pretty equivalent though. I kind of assumed the frame is the same size.. Possibly even components of the same frame. Anyhow, there's a set of pics here.

Ijustworemytrenchcoat Sun 02-Mar-14 11:26:39

Coming to hang out on your thread for a bit as I am wondering the same thing and my Baby Jogger obsession is growing. I saw the regular City Mini yesterday, but the shop was out of stock of the 4 wheel and the GT either of which I would prefer sad. I have read old threads on here about the City Mini being a bit unstable, especially if pushed one handed which I would so it's put me off.

I really loved it though, looks smaller and less obtrusive than I thought it would. It passes as a smaller pushchair than it is I think.

There are some pictures here comparing the 4 wheel to the GT (I think apart from the fourth wheel the dimensions of the city mini and the 4 wheel version are the same).

Ijustworemytrenchcoat Sun 02-Mar-14 11:27:47

Sorry Ihateparties, didn't notice your link at the end of your reply!

blushingmare Sun 02-Mar-14 18:11:00

Just been and done a comparison of the two and the fold and feel is virtually the same - i.e.. both great and nice and compact. But sadly discovered that they won't meet my needs because you can't use a buggy board with them in carry cot mode. Very sad because I really loved them, especially the GT.

vj32 Mon 03-Mar-14 17:53:03

There is a fab cheesy US video on youtube comparing the two.
I found this really helpful as nowhere within travelling distance had a GT that I could look at.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdPzPayUoUk

Tiggywunkle Wed 05-Mar-14 23:00:19

I think you will struggle to find many pushchairs which will take a buggy board well with a carrycot on. I can probably only think of a couple which may work, and I haven't tried all of them.

As for your original question the GT is fabulous. It is grounded and great to push unlike the more tippy BJCM3. The BJCM4 is stable and great too, but is nearly the same weight as the GT, but you do get more for your money with the GT - bigger more padded seat, longer leg length, GT wheels, adjustable handlebar, handbrake etc. I believe the fold is slightly more compact without checking because the handlebar tucks in whereas the City Mini one sticks out with being fixed. I have just got my 2nd BJCMGT because I love it that much smile

Ijustworemytrenchcoat Wed 19-Mar-14 21:49:57

Tiggywunkle does the 2014 version of the GT still have the problem with the low canopy as in the review on Best Buggy? I like the 4 wheel version better but may consider the GT for the adjustable handle bar and extra features but there doesn't seem much point having a taller seat if it's hard to actually use.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now