Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Bugaboo Bee for newborn.

(11 Posts)
SarahJinx Thu 27-Feb-14 21:04:16

Hi all

I've bought a bee. It came brand new from eBay with cocoon, footmuff and loads of accessories. I've had to work it out myself from the instruction manual and haven't found it the easiest to put together and hoping a bee lover can help me with questions?!

Do the back wheels swivel?

Should the lower seat 'click' when in place?

Does the seat lie completely flat?

Did you use the cocoon? What did you think?

Did you find it complicated for a start?

What do I need to know?

Do I need to buy a seat liner?

Would really appreciate any feedback/advice

Thank you!

MyNameIsKenAdams Thu 27-Feb-14 21:08:32

Have you looked on YouTube for the user video? Its very informative.

Back wheels dont swivel - I dont know any pushvhaor where this is a feature.

You can recline the seat almost flat but use the cocoon for a newborn.

Sorry I dont know the answers to rhe rest.

MyNameIsKenAdams Thu 27-Feb-14 21:09:03

Have you looked on YouTube for the user video? Its very informative.

Back wheels dont swivel - I dont know any pushvhaor where this is a feature.

You can recline the seat almost flat but use the cocoon for a newborn.

Sorry I dont know the answers to rhe rest.

Pobblewhohasnotoes Fri 28-Feb-14 14:50:49

I used the cocoon, it's great. Kept newborn DS very snug. When it got hot I just unzipped it and then eventually took it off. By that time he wanted to sit up a bit anyway. I never bought a liner, but you can if you want.

The seat is almost completely flat, the cocoon does lie flat.

No I don't find it complicated, it's such a lovely easy pram to use. DS is now 2 and I still use it.

I'm not sure what you mean by the lower seat. Do you mean the bit they sit their bottoms on? It just folds down. When they get bigger it extends, as does the back.

SarahJinx Fri 28-Feb-14 15:19:42

Thanks ladies

Problems, does the seat click into place when you move it about? Whenni'm laying the seats flat for the cocoon they feel a bit like the weight of the baby will have to hold them in place, rather than a nice firm click action, if that makes any sense at all?

I won't get a liner.

When you fold it up and it's facing you, is it simply, cocoon off, set as far forward as it will go, and collapse? I'm struggling to coordinate this, I keep taking the seat off by mistake then taking ages to get it back on.

Am I doing something wrong?

Tach me to buy off the Internet and not have some nice lady demonstrate!

Pobblewhohasnotoes Fri 28-Feb-14 15:39:58

The seats don't click back, it's perfectly stable though.

We just folded it with the cocoon on, didn't take it off until it got hot in summer. Just push the seat forward and collapse it. The edge of the hood sometimes catches on the handle bars so just push it through.

SarahJinx Fri 28-Feb-14 15:50:31

Thanks pobble, was that parent facing with cocoon in please?

Half the issue is that it's at my mother in laws so I don't get to fiddle with it!

Pobblewhohasnotoes Fri 28-Feb-14 16:05:44

Yep. Didn't rear face until he was over a year and practically straining to look out! Had the foot muff by then.

It's a very practical pram, you totally made the right choice! I love my Bee.

Definitely practice using it.

SarahJinx Fri 28-Feb-14 16:08:35

The reviews and universal love are what made me get it, that and the fact it's sooo pretty!

Thanks loads, will get fiddling some more.

Tiggywunkle Wed 05-Mar-14 23:11:23

TBH what you are describing is totally normal (I think!). I am giggling because I thought the same when I got mine. The Bee is not the easiest pushchair ever to get to grips with and I was forever making the seat fall off or not being able to release it. Never mind the fact I fell over when I tried to unfold it parent facing!! Keep practicing and you will get it sorted.

PotatoPolly Wed 05-Mar-14 23:18:18

if you have time and means, you could always go into a large baby shop and ask them to demonstrate all the features (they don't need to know you already have one!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now