Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

vista or Versa?

(4 Posts)
Brightonbaby25 Mon 24-Feb-14 08:33:35

Hi

I am expecting my first baby in July and I am having trouble deciding on which buggy to buy. So far we've narrowed it down to either the uppababy vista or the baby jogger Versa.

We live in Brighton, have 2 large dogs and generally love being out and about both in town and the country. I don't use public transport as usually walk, we have a large estate car but have to fit the dogs in the boot too!

I've tried both the models out and I am currently leaning towards the vista as it is so easy to push, I love the carrycot sleeping option and the basket, and it is freestanding when folded.

Though must admit both were pretty heavy and cumbersome when folded- can't decide if a problem or not? :-/

There is vista on ebay currently do I am hoping to bag a bargain, so it would be good to hear from anyone who have any advice?

Thanks

Ijustworemytrenchcoat Mon 24-Feb-14 22:51:48

These were my final two - I really wish I'd gone for the versa even though the carrycot isn't quite as lovely. I never got to try a versa out though, if you have and prefer the vista that's something to consider.

I have a vista and find it too heavy and cumbersome. This is especially true trying to lug it around when folded, but also when pushing - though that might just be me as other people find it easy to push. If you do get the vista fold it in the shop and carry it for a bit, there's nowhere instinctive to hold it. Although the fold isn't difficult the baby jogger fold would have been quicker and easier.

It's the width of the vista I've struggled with most - there's not much wriggle room through normal doorways and if you get a bit stuck it's heavy to move. I know there's only 4.5cm difference but the versa looks neater.

Haribolover Tue 25-Feb-14 09:50:13

I have a Vista and love it. Agree it isn't small folded and just fits in the boot if my 1 series. You can carry the frame by the crossbar when folded. Not overly light but don't really carry far except house to car. Pushing it is lovely and find it really light and manoverable.

Tiggywunkle Wed 05-Mar-14 23:36:30

The Vista is considerably bigger folded than the Versa. It may freestand, but the Versa props nicely against a wall, or slides into a gap. Both are lovely pushchairs and would work great. I think I would go with the one you like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now