Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

BJCS

(7 Posts)
HiccupHaddockHorrendous Fri 21-Feb-14 18:23:19

I have just bought the BJCS and have a couple of questions for anyone who might know the answers?!

I have red hoods and wondered if the older model hoods fit...I quite fancy the purple ones grin

Also, I've been looking for raincovers but keep going round in circles. I don't want to spend loads because I don't think they'll be used a lot and it's more things to store but I probably should get something!

Finally, what is the lightest way to have the children/seats?

I've only used it twice and had a 2 year old, rear-facing, at the front and 6month old in a car seat on the very top. It took all my weight (and there's a lot of it!!!) to tip it up the curb!!! Any suggestions on how to overcome this? Or is that my reason to never lose weight? grin

EntWife Fri 21-Feb-14 23:40:18

You need to put the heaviest child at the back, closest to you. You can put the car seat at the front with the adapters attached to the second seat extenders. It looks precarious but it is not really. That will make it easy to get up and down curbs.

I think the hoods are interchangable but I have honestly never seen them for sale seperately.

EntWife Fri 21-Feb-14 23:42:14

Oh and toy can get rain covers from somewhere like winstanelys pram world or even kiddycare for not a lot of money.

You will need them. They come in very handy.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sat 22-Feb-14 11:37:37

Thanks, entwife smile

Do you think it would make a difference, weightwise, if the seats are ff?

I used to find, with my Bugaboo, that it was easier to tip up when the child was rf but obviously that has the weight in a completely different position. Maybe I just need to experiment!!

I'll have another look online for raincovers...most of the ones I have comes across have been non-bj ones and have zips in the middle. I don't want to spend £30 on rubbish ones that have to be replaced, costing another £40+ for proper ones. Should I just get the BJCS ones?

EntWife Sat 22-Feb-14 18:20:36

I got the non bj ones from winstanleys pramworld for about £16 each but that was 2 years ago. They don't have zips up the middle but do have zips across the hood. They are good quality and fit perfectly.

I don't think it makes a difference whether the seats are forward or rear facing but you will probably find that the children have more foot room if they are rearfacing (towards you)

Tiggywunkle Sat 22-Feb-14 22:10:19

You can buy different hoods from Kooltrade in Manchester. I preferred a tandem raincover on my BJCS - I got a Graco Universal one which wasn't a great fit, but it did the job!
I dont think any position really makes the BJCS easier to tip up a kerb. Having the heaviest child nearest the back helps, but its still nigh impossible. Some people put their foot on the back bar. I used to head for the nearest dropped kerb!

EntWife Sun 23-Feb-14 14:53:15

I must be the exception to the rule. The only time I had a problem was when I had baby at the back and toddler at the front.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now