Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Parent facing stroller for 2 year old that you can take on a plane

(38 Posts)
Excited37 Wed 19-Feb-14 11:15:43

I need to get a pushchair that folds in one piece so can take on holiday up to boarding gate. However needs to also parent face when needed.

Does such a pushchair exist? Apart from Bee as too expensive!!

Christelle2207 Wed 19-Feb-14 11:23:03

Uppababy vista does, it can do parent or outward facing though only folds into one piece outward facing. Easy enough to swap it round though when DC not in it! However it's expensive and a bit of a tank and not that great for travel generally.

Excited37 Wed 19-Feb-14 11:27:17

Bit big unfortunately !

Thesebootsweremadeforwalking Wed 19-Feb-14 11:29:40

Britax Affinity will fold in one piece (as long as the seat unit is outward-facing), and can be parent-facing. Seat unit is quite small though, so might not suit a bigger child.

Tiggywunkle Wed 19-Feb-14 22:23:32

The Britax Affinity is lovely but I would think is too big for this purpose though.
I would maybe consider the NJoy Bubble - not my favourite pushchair but it would do the job for a holiday. Next would be a Babystyle Oyster Gem with the small seat on. Or a Baby Jogger Versa (not GT).

Excited37 Thu 20-Feb-14 12:44:39

Those pushchairs are all too big though and too expensive.

Have looked at njoy bubble but was concerned that in parent facing mode that child couldn't see out as material too high at sides. Is this the case?

Doppledanger Thu 20-Feb-14 12:53:00

What about the quinny zapp xtra ,it doesn't fold in one piece but we have a bag for ours ( it's an out and about nipper bag) and it is parent facing and small.

Lauranne Thu 20-Feb-14 12:55:21

The new loola? Heavier than a stroller but most parent facing are, might be more than you are looking to spend though.

Excited37 Thu 20-Feb-14 12:56:48

That's the thing. It's the cost. I am looking for one for everyday too but don't want to spend £400 on it for a year.

pinkbear82 Thu 20-Feb-14 12:59:44

The quinny zapp xtra is ideal, can be either way. And although doesn't fold in one, it's very small. Check ebay - bound to be something there

Excited37 Thu 20-Feb-14 13:04:51

Is the quinny zapp tall enough in seat for older child?

pinkbear82 Thu 20-Feb-14 13:11:35

I think they are designed for up to 3 years olds.

jumperooo Thu 20-Feb-14 13:14:11

I dont think you'll find anything more suitable than the zapp xtra. My friend loves hers. I guess most Parent facing pushchairs that can take the weight of an older toddler need to be sturdy, hence a bigger/heavier frame. Is there any particular reason you need parent facing at age 2? We had an uppababy vista which did forward and rear facing and was fabulous, we then downsized to a babyzen yoyo which is forward facing only and has the smallest one piece fold ever, DD has been in it since 14 months and is absolutely fine in it.

Ihateparties Thu 20-Feb-14 14:27:18

Unless they have changed it for the newest one the zapp xtra doesn't sit upright when parent facing.. If indeed that matters to you? The bubble does sit up parent facing, there are lots of photos here but I guess for children of a certain height the view would be slightly impeded by the sides. But they could still see the um... Parent. If they needed to see out more you could switch to forward facing mode?

Rhianna1980 Thu 20-Feb-14 18:08:24

I came on here to post the same question. From research I found that the mamas n papas sola might be a good one . Can anyone confirm?

Go on ebay there are loads of second hand ones that is what in thinking if doing wink

Excited37 Thu 20-Feb-14 19:05:15

The sola has to fold in 2 pieces.

I am wondering about jane solo reverse of petite star njoy bubble. Not seen either of them though!

lis07n Thu 20-Feb-14 23:45:20

The bubble has a nice big hood and has lots of seat positions both parent and forward facing my lo never had problems with the high sides as can be sat quite upright to see out but its a normal umberella sized fold not that small and I got rid of mine as it felt rickety. The zapp dosnt recline and is forward facin the zapp xtra does recline 3 positions forward and 2 parent facing i had a zapp xtra and loved it but is a 2 piece fold although very small however the zapp xtra 2 has just come out not much dearer than zapp xtra and that folds with seat on. Or perhaps try a joie chrome (not a pushchair addict honest)

McPheezingMyButtOff Thu 20-Feb-14 23:47:49

The Sola folds in one piece, with the seat unit in forward facing position.

CocktailSausage Fri 21-Feb-14 00:04:53

There is a new Sola out too. It's called the Sola City. It folds in 1 piece and the seat is reversible and in your price range. I've only just bought one, though I have yet to receive it.

McPheezingMyButtOff Fri 21-Feb-14 00:07:21

The Sola City is amazing. And the great thing is, that when it fold up all the fabrics are inside the fold, meaning they won't get grubby.

What colour did you buy Cocktail

Bearwantsmore Fri 21-Feb-14 00:20:40

Second-hand Bugaboo Bee. You should be able to get one on eBay/gumtree for about £150. They really are fantastic - I've had mine for over 5 yrs now (2 children) and still love it. It's compact and light, folds easily in one piece, can face either way, lies almost flat with big hood so great for naps, ... I could go on!

McPheezingMyButtOff Fri 21-Feb-14 00:28:02

Ive always found the seat on the bee to be too short. The leg support isn't great either.

CocktailSausage Fri 21-Feb-14 01:21:01

I'm boring practical and bought the black and grey but it can be customized and it'll be delivered this Saturday.
I'm looking forward to getting rid of my cumbersome pram.

Excited37 Fri 21-Feb-14 07:39:44

Sola city only faces forward facing though.

McPheezingMyButtOff Fri 21-Feb-14 08:20:00

I work for M&Ps, and demo them all day long. I can assure you that the seat switches both ways wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now