Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Infant Car Seat Frame Stroller

(8 Posts)
fuglisam Tue 18-Feb-14 11:03:53

Hello all

I used to live in the US where there was a type of stroller that was essentially just a frame on wheels into which you clicked your car seat. They are super lightweight (about 6.5 kg) and make it easy to get out and about with the car seat, say just popping into the shop.

Baby Trend Snap n Go was one, Graco Snug Ride another, Maclaren Easy Traveller etc.
www.amazon.com/Baby-Trend-Universal-Infant-Carrier/dp/B00838BNK2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392721406&sr=8-1&keywords=snap+n+go

Unfortunately I can't seem to find them here in the UK so does anyone know of an equivalent? I know there are travel systems but we already have a proper stroller, just looking for something very light and inexpensive.

If there isn't an equivalent, how do you manage to run quick errands with the baby in the car seat but without having to get the whole stroller out?

Many many thanks!

Artandco Tue 18-Feb-14 18:36:15

You aren't supposed to leave baby in car seat for any length of time (1 hr max I think), hence the uk doesn't sell as its recommended babies under 6 months are kept as lie flat as possible

MrsJamesMartin Tue 18-Feb-14 18:41:30

Whilst Artandco is right, the quinny zapp frame allows you to do this and is small and light weight

fuglisam Wed 19-Feb-14 11:43:49

Thanks both for replying! I'll look into the Quinny. I know, the car seat isn't ideal sad but how else do you manage to run errands with a sleeping baby??! It's actually for my sister as I see her hauling the car seat round the shop by hand when she has to pick up milk or whatever and think it just can't be good for her back...

Artandco Wed 19-Feb-14 11:52:49

Has she considered a decent sling? They are far easier to carry, and car seats get very heavy very soon

fuglisam Wed 19-Feb-14 12:26:58

Oh yes, sling, I loved mine! Will remind her to use it more.Oh the intricacies of travelling with baby!

TribbleWithoutATardis Wed 19-Feb-14 19:24:03

Honestly, I just transfer to the pushchair the vast majority of the time. Otherwise a zapp frame will do you.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Wed 19-Feb-14 19:57:02

I've just bought a Phil & Ted's smart for exactly this reason. I'm a cm and having to move the baby from buggy, to car, to buggy, back to car, to buggy, to house for the school run is hard work for all concerned!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now