Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

need help choosing a tandem double buggy - 17 month age difference

(10 Posts)
2blessed Mon 17-Feb-14 13:32:41

I'm due in June and currently have an UppaBaby Vista which my 13 month old loves. I'm not sure if I will be able to just buy the rumble seat. This would be the cheaper option.
I would like to explore getting a new buggy altogether. I'm thinking Phil and Ted...
Any help/ideas welcomed.

spacegirl81 Mon 17-Feb-14 13:34:27

I had mine exactly the same time apart and brought a city mini jogger double with the carry cot and its fab!!

grin

Thesimplethings Mon 17-Feb-14 13:36:40

I have a 16 month age gap between mine. We opted for the baby jogger city select. Can't praise it enough.

2blessed Mon 17-Feb-14 13:44:16

Thanks ladies. I keep hearing good things about them but I just wonder if it would be too wide. I'm in London and rely heavily on public transport, buses in particular. I suppose my first move should be to measure the lift in my building as that will be another deciding factor... Will definitely explore though.

Fouette Mon 17-Feb-14 21:19:23

I hated the BJCS. I also live in a city and found it impossible on public transport. Too long, too heavy, too wide. Hard to get up curbs. I sold it after 4 or 5 months. The lady in the shop even said I would be back to get another one as the kids got older as it gets too heavy and actively tried to encourage me to get something else.

Bought a mountain buggy duet ad ADORED it. Easy to pop up kerbs, 3cm narrower than the BJCS. Not much lighter but very easy to manoeuvr. Only issue is it's still big once folded.

Artandco Tue 18-Feb-14 18:39:03

I would just get the rumble seat tbh. We have a 15 month gap and the bugaboo chameleon with buggy board worked fine. Used a sling with baby on the odd occasion eldest needed main seat

Aldwick Tue 18-Feb-14 18:41:07

Nipper 360 - cheaper than most and easy to steer

Tiggywunkle Wed 19-Feb-14 22:35:28

If your eldest naps, dont buy the Rumble seat as there is no way a child can comfortably nap in the seat. Think also about the first 3 months as well as you need an option to bridge the gap until the baby goes into the seat. The Vista is great with the rumble seat but you do need to think through all the stages.

MiaowTheCat Thu 20-Feb-14 13:23:13

Phil and Teds are fab with a newborn and a toddler, and with a bigger baby and a toddler - but shit inbetween when you've got a baby too big for the cocoon, or too nosy for the newborn part, but not able to use the seat unit.

I had a Nipper and loved it - really easy to push and steer, but it was becoming a bit of a pain pushing a side-by-side with DD1 walking so much more and an empty seat ferrying my changing bag in style, so I swapped back to a P+T at that point.

Possibly worth considering length as well as width - I know things P+T length can be a bit of an irritation trying to get in the midget lift in our GP's surgery (the size of my arse might have something to do with it as well) - I tend to have to park diagonally to fit in lengthways and I think some of the longer tandems I'd really have struggled to make work.

2blessed Thu 20-Feb-14 15:16:15

Oooh! All really good things to think about - thanks ladies!
Off to the Baby Show this weekend so will hopefully have a play there. Must measure lift before I go...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now